Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi, My powerbuilder code calls a stored procedure that call many stored procedures; something like this proc1->proc2->proc3->...... when there is an error on one of the stored procedures, dberror event is giving me the error code and syntax but no...
In PowerBuilder I have a workspace that includes an Application Target as well as a C# Assembly Target.  Within our Application Target I have a window.  In the C# Assembly Target i have a class with methods.  How do I call/access the methods found in...
Our software is developed using PowerBuilder 2017 Build 1666. It works fine in many distribution environments, except in the Microsoft app-v. The performance is greatly degraded when deploying the app on the Microsoft app-v. Appeon bug 3120 has repor...
Hi,   I'm using Power Builder Version 2017 R3 Build 1858.   There is a window in our application and it takes around 11 seconds to open from desktop version. The same window is taking around 30 seconds to open in web version. From PB, I have ta...
Hi,  I have a PB 12.0 application that needs to be migrated to PB2017.This application has a non-visual object that calls functions of a DLL.This DLL was built in C ++ with the watcom compiler version 1.0.I would like to recompile this DLL so that i...
Hello     How I can change the JVM in IDE?. Im use powerbuilder 2017 R3. this produc have a versión 1.6.0_24 and I need to 1.8.22 Thanks...
Hi, I'm opening a sheet using the OpensheetDocked method. The window has an OLE object on it. If I move the window the OLE object stay stuck to the frame! Any code executed for the OLE then only works on the object that is stuck to the frame and not...
Hi All, We are migrating a NVO to REST C# Web API. One of the methods that has to be migrated gets as argument a datastore and return, by reference, two (02) string arrays: column_names and dataTypes_names The PB method get the number of datastore ...
The new HTTPClient object in PB 2017 has a Timeout property which is described as: The TimeOut property specifies the timeout seconds. The default value is 60 and 0 means no timeout. The low level WinHTTP API timeout has 4 separate properties wit...
Picture control property powertiptext in Web.  "New line/char return" does not work. Example: PowerBuilder Classic p_object.powertiptext = 'line 1~nline2' In Classic looks like this line 1 line 2 IN WEB  line 1 line 2   Is '~n', char(13) or ...
Hi All,   I have created application in Power Builder 2019 and deployed it to PS Web 2019 but i can not see application in AEM , do we have any AEM file where can i validate that applications entry is created or updated ?    ...
Hello I am trying to migrate powerbuilder 12.6 to powerbuilder 2017. But I get some problem while connectiong to database. I use SYBASE DB.  The error which I get id "Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server" Can you please help...
I'm trying to make sense of SnapDevelop's generated code. Right now for Sample Code = ModelStore where one action puzzles me. [HttpPost("ModelStore")]...public ActionResult Update(IModelStore department)... ModelStore has internal state like refere...
Hello,  How to remove the background for pre-defined pictures in the treeview? See attached screenshot. Even PictureMaskColor property is set to Transparent, the area around the picture is still gray. That only happens for pre-defined pictures, cus...
Hi all I have a code   count = lole_source.Application.Workbooks.Count()sheet_count = lole_source.Application.Workbooks(count ).WorkSheets().count()   sheet_count  return correct total no. of sheet on my machine but this sheet_count  return wron...
Hi all,   I have window authentication functionality in my powerbuilder application which work fine in pb 8 but now it is migrated  in pb 17 and crash application due to window login in pb 17...
Hi Everyone, Is there anyone have an idea on how to capture data coming from USB barcode scanner? Currently, I'm having a problem to prompt message box after scanning barcode fonts. I need to throw whatever data reads from USB barcode to my disabled ...
Hello All We are finishing the migration from PB11.5 to PB2017 R3.We need now to move from PBSC to SVN all the Tutorials and documentation shows how to do it with the first developer using Add to workspace and all the following with connect to Work...
Hello All I have used the below syntax which is not converting the encoding standard to UTF8! from ANSI!. fileopen(as_filename,LineMode!, Write!,LockReadWrite!,Replace!,EncodingUTF8!) The above statement is returning -1 if i'm passing EncodingUTF8...
Hi We are trying to record image in SQL-Lite in the field (BLOB) from Sql-Server Field (Image) but upon recording it returns Size / Weight Error. Please help Thank you   error message "Bind parameter value 7 for '?' is too big (144065)"    ...

There are no discussions available here currently