1. Ravi Nath
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 28 August 2019 21:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I have deployed powerbuilder 2017 R3 1880 build along with all required rtf control files as per powerbuilder document to a client machine along with other PB runtime files. My app runs fine accept when I open the Rich text control in edit mode I don't see system fonts in the drop down for fonts.

I see only Device font 10 CPI, Device font 12 CPI and Device font 17 CPI

Here is the list of files I have deployed for rich text control support. I am using inbuilt Text control not inbuilt rich text control.

pbrtc170.dll, PBTCTEXT170.DLL, PBTXTEXT170.DLL, TER25.dll, WRS9.dll, spell32.dll, PDC32.dll, WRW9.dll, HTS20.DLL, ssts.dll, SSGP.dll, TXML2.dll

tp4ole15.ocx, tp15.dll, tp15_bmp.flt, tp15_css.dll, tp15_doc.dll, tp15_dox.dll, tp15_gif.flt, tp15_htm.dll, tp15_ic.dll, tp15_ic.ini, tp15_jpg.flt, tp15_obj.dll, tp15_pdf.dll, tp15_png.flt, tp15_rtf.dll, tp15_tif.flt, tp15_tls.dll, tp15_wmf.flt, tp15_wnd.dll

The app runs fine in development environment. What is missing here..I have read the deployment document multiple times and verified the files. Cant figure out need help ASAP!!

Thanks,

Ravi Nath

Ravi Nath Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 29 August 2019 15:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris,

We are deploying this app on a Server 2012 R2 RDP server.  Our app is 32 bit.

After spending a day trying to figure this out I finally stumbled upon some  editor from a different software vendor having similar issue. It is very strange but the resolution to the problem is to provide a legit default printer. We had set it as generic text file printer on the server and that was causing a problem with the inbuilt txt control.

Once I changed the default printer to a printer with installed driver on the server, the control started to work.

I have since then tested this on 2 different RDP servers and I can confirm the workaround works!!

Thanks,

Ravi Nath

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 29 August 2019 15:51 PM UTC
Hi Ravi;

Thanks for that feedback! Yes, all PB App's need a "Default Printer" on any deployed machine in order to work properly! The RichText components and in particular the DWO's need the default printer as that is where they derive their run-time "fonts" from.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 28 August 2019 23:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Ravi;

Can you tell us more about the machine & its environment that you are deploying the PB App's EXE to?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.