Im trying to follow along in the course material for powerbuilder fundamentals,
In the lab workbook at page 16
the following code is pressented
double ldbl_argl , ld.bl_arg2 , ldbl_result
IF IsNu.mber (Sle_argl . Text) AND
IsNumber (sle_arg2 . Text) THEN
ldbl_arg1 = Double (sle_arg1.Text)
ldbl_arg2 = Double (sle_arg2.Text)
ldbl_result = ldbl_arg1 + ldbl_arg2
sle_result.Text = String(1dbl_result)
sle_result.Text = "***Bad arguments***"
im pretty sure it wount compile.
the Student_Lab_readme.txt should be updated with the other databases mabye. i was using 2019 R2 i think.
Another code snippet from page 74:
// Prepare company name criteria for submission
IF ls_company_name = ”" THEN // empty string
/* Prevent user from retrieving entire customer list */
ls_company;name = ” “ // set to one space
/* concatenate % wildcard to end of string */ ls_company_name += "%"
And yes, there is a semicolon in the variable name in the workbook. and yes there are different looking "
The codesnippets arent hard to figure out what the problem is, but still i find it sloppy to have a workbook from 2017 containing errors like that.
Just beeing me and probably beeing very stupid and not understanding how the labsolutions and workbook are supposed to match each other got stuck at lab 18. where i was suppoed to copy some things over from labsolution 17_18. Apperently its old and outdated and needed migrating, after some crashing and lots of cursewords i figured ill just take the lab17_18 solution and continue then i see on lab 20 im supposed to make a ue_postopen event on w_orders, but i already see it in the solution for 17_18. this is really confusing and fundamental courses doesnt need to make it harder than it already is.