Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
How can i add a checksum to the *.exe/*.pbd files while deploying my PowerBuilder workspace?...
Hello, I use Powerbuilder Standard Edition 2017 R3 build 1880. I want to create a .NET WEB Service Project. But i haven't this choice in my "new target" window. There's a real problem then before, i use for 6 years PB 12.1 build 7217 and after migr...
Discarded question. Sorry!...
Hi - Hope this is the right place to ask this question(s) - We use PB 12.5.2 with Team Foundation Server 2015 - using the latest MSSCCI connector.  As part of upgrading security to TLS 1.2 compliance, when TLS 1.0 is disabled on the TFS 2015 server ...
HI This is Prashant here, I am using PB 12.5.2 and Windows 64. I setup 2 input Languages  1 English (United States), Keyboard = US 2 Marathi (India), Keyboard = Micrsoft Indic Language Tool I toogle the language Input Using Left Alt + Shift. Befo...
Hello all, my client/server app works fine, but when converted to Web it is ignoring or has no effects whenever I reference an a variable defined in NVO. For example:  I have n_constant that has some  CONSTANT  instance variables in it: constant ...
Hi,    I migrated the current application to web and performed unsupported feature analysis. Since some part of code can be ignored as they are unsupported, I am trying to open the object by right clicking(refer screenshots)  on the objects in the ...
How to change the graph line colors? I have a datawindow that has a graph datawindow within it (composite).example: using the dw_1.descripe("DataWindow.Objects") I get back the list of objects in the primary datawindow.problem_desc........dw_graph.....
Hi Guru I need to view a PDF in a Datawindow and change the filename proprerty. tips ?...
Hi all,  Using PB 17R3 for an Appeon Mobile project.  I'm trying to feel my way through using the URL Scheme going mainly off the documentation found in the PowerServer Toolkit User Guide - Packaging Applications - Customizing and Packaging Appeon ...
Hi,  We are encountering the following error when we try to access a field in our power-builder application. "Error opening DLL library pbshell.dll for the external function in the constructor event of an object". When we looked in the power-builde...
Hello, I am doing a critical proof of concept that uses a reverse proxy from Apache to connect to our PowerServer Web application running in IIS.  I am seeing the following error regarding the Appeon plugin:   2nd/final page error The reverse p...
Background: PB 12.1 build 6639 (lots of clients with legacy s/w) against MS SQL Server 2012 R2 Scenario:* 2 app users* same group, so same app access rights* same PC, using same autologin/generic Windows account* one user occasionally crashes on a n...
Hi Team,   My Pb application is hosted on CITRIX and I wanted to the name of the workstation user is logged in too. Is there any API in PB which could give me this info. I have used ComputerNameA or ComputerName function of Kernal32.dll. But it ...
Hello. For Appeon Mobile.  I think currently this does not support android 9.0 pie OS properly. Anyone who is knowing this issue well, please give me any advice. thanks.    ...
Was messing with the Powerbuilder Complier and using the params that were provided when i do a build.  We also use topWiz for source control, and when i ran the pbc170 with the parameters, i didn't realize topWiz would go and get latest of all of the...
Hi all,   We are upgrading the Powerbuilder from 10.5 to 2017 R3 version. During SIT, QA team has identified a defect in the look and feel of One of our PB application (MPS) screen dropdown tabs, there is a mismatch in the background color in the d...
We have an application coded using PowerBuilder 12.0 / 12.5 that we are migrating to PowerBuilder 2017.3 . We have RTE datawindows created using PowerBuilder 12.x RTE control.  After migrating the PB12.x RTE's to PB2017.3, the formatting and printin...
Hello, We are using Web Browser in a OLE. My question is how will we know which version of IE is running in PowerBuilder OLE? Is there a way to register which version of IE we would like to use within our OLE object? Let say later version of IE or i...
I have a datastore dataobject with SQL select that that has datalibrary that precedes the table name like       SELECT PRODDTA.F554700.NAME                   PRODDTA.F554700.ID Now the above points to production library 'PRODDTA'.  For testing pur...

There are no discussions available here currently