Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
PB2019R2, b2353Window 10, 64 bit platformOracle 12CSummaryQ:  Is there a fix or a workaround for this?DetailsWhen I call DirectoryExists() or FileExists() and pass a path or a path & file defined as a UNC path, both functions lock up. When passin...
When using the PowerScript Migrator to migrate a nonvisual object inherited from  the PB system class nonvisualobject, I observed that the C# class generated is inherited from object (i.e., not inherited from anything).  Which begs the question, has ...
We have a PFC based app on PowerBuilder Version 2017 R3 Build 1858 We are displaying some ICONs on a MDI Frame menu (m_app_sheet inherited from m_master).  One of the items on the menu has an associated Toolbar Item.  There is a bitmap associated wi...
Hi all   How do i create an appointment in outlook from my app ? I am using ole for sending email via outlook , but never tried to set an appointment  using 2017 R3    Thanks...
Hi, I've got an ancestry object uo_ms_tv inherited from treeview: forwardglobal type uo_ms_tv from treeviewend typeend forward We've been asked to change the selected item color from the default Windows color to a color that follows our branding c...
HiI want to print PDF's saved from a PB program at run time. Is there an integrated solution for this? Working on batch files pleases my customer. Rudi  ...
Pl. Guide me how to upload file to google drive using oauth2 token. thanks  ...
Hi All, We have 2 Power builder applications running on PB 2017R3 1858. These 2 apps can communicate each other, that means Application A can launch Application B and vice versa. In Windows 7 computers these 2 application calls are working fine and...
I work with a PowerScript application composed of many thousands of windows. Some of these windows are accessible from menu buttons. Others are linked from window themselves in various ways, usually via buttons or clicking fields. I'd like to determ...
Hello Everyone,    I am hoping this is an easy one for the group.  We have a newly installed Infomaker 2019 implementation and we have just started testing.  Right out of the gate, we can't click on the Data Source button and have it do anything.  I...
In PB 2017 R2, can a Main! window be modal, ie, focus can not go to another window or menu when open....
HI, I have this code li_file = GetFileOpenName("Buscar XLS",ls_path,ls_file,ls_ext,ls_filter)if li_file = 1 then  st_3.text=ls_pathelse  st_3.text=""end if before update the static text show text complete "C:\Users\name last\Documents\LPC\LpcSol\...
Our Powerbuilder application executes a stored procedure in Sybase and has been running without problems for a few years.  About a month ago the stored procedure began stopping without finishing and did not report any error to the calling application...
Using PB 2017 R3 with Sybase 16 Database: Connecting to the databases works fine thru the Database administrator but when trying to run my .pbl I am unable to connect. Using the function "of_connect" in the object pfc_n_tr of the pfcmain.pbl returns ...
Is it possible to have the menu item image sourced from an exe or dll contained one or more icons? Some features of Windows show an icon from a registry setting that has the full exe filename followed by a comma and then a number which is the icon i...
Hi, We recently started supporting SQL Server 2016 and SQL Native Client 11.0 in our application, but we are running into some issues with DateTime and Time fields. In the DB we have several Datetime columns, but since we added the compliance with ...
Hi,   Where do I find documentation for how to register the TX control in 64 bit My guess is to run something like this: ..\Windows\system32\regsvr32 ..\Runtime 19.2.0.2556\x64\tx4ole28.ocx   Anyone tried it ?   Thanks //Steen      ...
Hi   When deploying a 64bit PB application do I need all of the runtime files and folder or only the x64 folder? Thanks //Steen  ...
Our application is PB 2019 GA (Build 2082). Having recently upgraded from 12.5, we are still using Ghostscript and starting to move to NativePDF. We are trying SaveNativePDFToBlob on a really complex report with 29 nested reports. SaveNativePDFToB...
Regarding Ole excel - powerbuilder script I Want to Find the last column Cell in a excel(Result should be for ex: Y6 or Z10) using the below usedrange, script i can able to get the total columns and total rows ll_xls_cols = excel.worksheets(1).Use...

There are no discussions available here currently