1. RAJESH RAGHAV
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 21 September 2020 18:20 PM UTC

Hi Appeon Community

I have donwload Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Edition for trial  version. I created one application in powerbuilder  with database on Azure cloud. I am able to connect my azure SQL server database on cloud with SQL native client driver. 

I am running the application with my source code and there is no issue. After that I created the exe of my application on my machine and it was working perfactoly.

I created one windows 10 machine on azure cloud and I copied my application . exe file and .pbt file and all my  PBD file on the azure windows 10 machine. once I run this application on azure cloud machine I got error that executable can not be run as PBVM190.DLL is missing. please resolve this issue as I have to discuss with my customer .

Regards

Rajesh 

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 September 2020 19:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Rajesh;

You need to run the PB Packager utility installed with your IDE. This will create an MSI install of all the PB run-time DLLs your App will require (based on the features you check in the utility). Once created, run the MSI on the deployment machine and that should solve all your missing DLL message(s).

Also, if you launch the PB Help from your IDE. Perform a keyword search on the keyword "runtime". This should lead you to a comprehensive discussion & list of what your app needs on the deployment machine.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 September 2020 18:32 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Almost always, PBVM190.DLL is the first dll a powerbuilder application will complain about if the powerbuilder runtime libraries have not been installed or if they cannot be found in the PATH.

So check on whether the pb runtime libraries have been installed. If you don't want to use the runtime installer you can simply copy them from the "...\Shared\PowerBuilder" folder, but that folder must be present in the PATH.

regards

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.