1. Larry Langford
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 16:17 PM UTC

I'm receiving an unhandled win32 exception error in PB170.exe when trying to execute an application in debug mode.  The diagnostics indicate that "No installed bebugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled."  I confirmed that JIT is not checked within System Options.  This error occurs only with this particular application, all others perform in debug mode as expected.  I'm using Version 2017 R2 Build 1769.

Larry Langford Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 21 February 2019 16:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks Chris...  I thought getting the latest release would be the next logical step.  I appreciate all your time and effort on this issue.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 21 February 2019 19:35 PM UTC
You are most welcome Larry.

Please let us know how you make out with R3 on this issue.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Thursday, 21 February 2019 13:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Chris, I've attached a zip file containing robot.sra.  This particular app doesn't have any global objects to instantiate.  Just to further test the concept that something that precedes the first actionable code line was causing the failure, I commented out all declarations and codes lines from the open of the app, but it still failed.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 21 February 2019 15:59 PM UTC
Thanks Larry!

WOW ... that's a pretty "basic" (vanilla) Application Object. It uses standard System Class objects and they are all created via the App Object's source code. I was expecting that your App Object's classes might be mapped to User Object's - but, even that was not the case.

My guess now is that it might be a peculiarity in the R2 release. My suggestion now would be to download the R3 & MR01 releases and try to debug this App from the updated IDE after migrating & a full build on your App's code.

1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 22:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hey Chris....  When I attempted to attach the robot.sra file, I was blocked:

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 21 February 2019 01:08 AM UTC
Hi Larry ... ZIP the SRA file and then it should upload OK
  1. Helpful
  1. Brad Mettee
  2. Thursday, 21 February 2019 04:56 AM UTC
Any global or instance user objects that are auto instantiate? If so, try editing or regenerating them since they get created (and the constructors get run) before the app open event executes.
  1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 21:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Chris, I don't think the .pbl is corrupt because I can deploy the project and it runs without any problems.  If it is the application object, how can I replace it?

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 22:28 PM UTC
Thought: Export the App Object to an external source file (.SRA). Attach the source here so that we can look at it. Maybe we can spot something "off kilter".
  1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 21:35 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

I have the app set to break on the first line of the apps open event, but it doesn't get that far:

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 21:44 PM UTC
Hmmmm ... Almost sounds like the App object or even the PBL it resides in might be corrupt.

1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 21:19 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Chris,

I removed the .opt file from the workspace folder, but got the same Windows exception error when I tried to run in debug mode.  The .opt file that was created reflects the new breakpoint I added in the application's open event. 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 21:25 PM UTC
Are you not even able to debug a script line in the OPEN event of your Application Object?
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 20:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 7

Ahhh ... OK - your trying to debug a native PB App and the JIT is not checked.

Native PB debugging information is stored in the your native PB App's "Options" file. For example, here is the one from my current App "OES_Native.usr.opt", as follows:

Notice that this OPT file has the current debugging options for the current Target. What I do on a regular basis is to delete all the OPT files in my App's workspace area as they can sometimes get corrupted. Try that and see if it resolves your App's debugging issues.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 20:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 8

Thanks for the help Chris!

The app in question isn't deployed as a mobile or web application.  My development environment doesn't include PowerServer.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 20 February 2019 20:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 9

Hi Larry;

Have you re-deployed the App in question in DEBUG mode?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.