Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm using PB 2017R2 and PFC.  The window has a dw control to have as the parent.  In code, an array of dw contols are inherited from the dw on the window.  I've assigned a tag to each of these controls. In the itemchanged event of the dw parent, I wa...
We would like to start building our applications in 2019 R2.    Our apps are currently in PB 12.6 Build 3506 Enterprise.   We wanted to do a gradual switch over so that 12.6 apps and 2019 apps could both be released to the clients and both run.   I'v...
Hi. I wrote this simple function in PB for testing: public function long uof_square (long al_arg) throws exception;exception ee = create exceptione.Text = "test"throw ereturn al_arg * al_argend function As you can see, it will always throw an exce...
Hi, I have a couple Infomaker reports that I've converted from Oracle to SQL Server. I am using SNC SQL Native Client as the connection type for both and have deployed the EXEs to my users' machines. The EXEs both work fine for me on my computer and...
Update:   Welp...stupid me. the name of the CONNECTION used in pgAdmin for the database was "dev12c - Pg", but the actual name of the database is "dev12c".    I changed the database name and the connection worked.Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
Hi can anyone help On one of my applications the project build options, incremental is greyed out, i can select the prompt for overwrite and classic style but not the incremental On other applications I can tick this.   regards and thanks in adva...
Hi,   I setup a database profile thru PowerBuilder IDE (2017 R3.) Wnen I check the "Encrypt All Results" option under Security tab (as below screen) and test the connectivity, it throws the error mentioned in second screenshot. Can you help in sort...
Hi.   Is there any known limitations in HttpClient.sendrequest() when it comes to the size of the "payload"? I have successfully managed to invoke a SOAP WS service using HTTPClient now. There are to methods available - GetVersion (no args) and C...
I just upgraded to PowerServer 2020. We did all of our development using PowerServer 2019 with no problems. Since the update to 2020, no one can access our web app. Everyone receives the message, "The Appeon Xcelerator plug-in cannot be loaded." This...
Hi,   I have a question regarding the Mobile app deployment, I have deployed an app and used Android Studio to make the APK.   The app installs on my Samsung s8 on Andorid 8 but I can't install on an Samsung Android 10 Tablet. When I try to insta...
Hi All,   Could you please help me the below two questions. 1. Actually we are using two applications and both are windows based application and developed by PowerBuilder.    One application we are using  powerbuilder version 6.5 and connected to...
Good Day - My team is currently evaluating (well, about to start if I get the right answer, here) Ultimate Suite for PB in PB2019.  I am not expecting Appeon to provide support for Ultimate Suite, but I need to know if Ultimate Suite will work in P...
What is the format of the Match string for the Match function when the character can be a Number, an Uppercase letter, or a space.  The letters and numbers are easy, but how do I include the space?   Thanks...
Hello everyone. I would like to understand if it is possible to create a WEB application, based on SDI form, and make sure that by opening the FORMS, these do not "go out" from the browser going around the whole desktop! it seems quite abnormal behav...
Is there a way for a Power Server App to determine the name of the host server?  I have an app running on two servers through an F5.  When the App retrieves the URL using AppeonExtFuncs.of_GetIeUrl() it shows up as the address of the F5 and not the s...
I have a very small c# dll which is working on my localhost, a test server, and 1 of our 2 production servers.  It is failing on our second production server.  It is unable to load the dll or one of its components.  The dll has been loaded into inetp...
Hello, I have a problem between PowerServer Web and Oracle. The decimal values ​​are multiplied by 100. I suspect a decimal separator problem. How can i define it ? It works well in PowerBuilder. Thank you Olivier...
Hi. What is the most elegant way of sending many parameters to WebApi to do Datawindow's retrieve ? In PowerBuilder I have a datawindow like this:: String ls_companyInteger li_yearDatetime ldt_dateFromDatetime ldt_dateToString ls_CustomerFromStr...
I've opened up my application, moved it to my secondary screen, then run PrintSetup() and it pops up on the original screen, what's the simplest way to make sure it pops up on the same screen as my application?? It does this for other windows I open...
Hello,   I'm working on a window that inherits from another that has a close on the Open event, when the condition is false I trigger this close event, but the child window keeps executing his open event and throws a null object error.    Regards...

There are no discussions available here currently