Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Now we are ready to develop powerbuilder for appon software on windows 10 computers and run it on windows lot system. Is it okay? Or we want to know what are the limitations of various software developed by powerbuilder running on windows lot system?...
Hello all! I am new to Web API and C#. I have watched most videos on API (Bruce Marc and others). I want to develop web api that can be consumedby any client not just powerbuilder app, Client app will send just one row at a time. So I am assuming ca...
Hello: I was wondering if there was a way to programmatically capture the information on the Oracle Client a user connects to when running a PB application.   We are using PB 2017 (migrating to 2019 over the next 4-6 weeks).  We are implementing Or...
I am using STD Framework ( PB21 ) and have deployed application using PowerClient. Few Computers having windows 10 are raising exceptions as shown below:  OLE Error on object: 'ns_oleobject_master'OLE - Error Number: 35OLE - Error Text: Error calli...
Hello, unfortunately, we've noticed a few issues working with the PowerBuilder Fundamentals, especially with the Lab Workbook and Application Specifications Documents. First Question: does the abbreviation "SS", which is mentioned in the Lab Workbo...
Hi Guru      I upgraded powerbuilder  from 7.0 to Appeon 2019 .and SQL server 2000 t0 2019 but I found some program ,especially open word , slow than old version. Do me need to upgrade some driver for appeon 2019 ?   please advise me     Willi...
  I have excel file that contains  3 cells the first cell  for no or text  that represent font converted into barcode in second cell the second is for barcode the third is the name of file stored in specific folder (in pdf format)   for each ro...
Hello All,            I have migrated a PowerBuilder application for a client and I'm testing. The first screen that open is the logon screen that have a DropDownPictureListBox with the DB's settings. Using the PowerBuilder the DB show the image and...
Hi, I'm testing PB & Power Server 2021 with MS SQL Server 2019 Express. Both Windows and SQL server authentication are enabled. I have some odd behaviour and problems while connecting my database from PowerServer (from PB both authentication me...
I'm missing something very simple.  I do a GetChild on a dddw to filter the column.  The filter works fine except that for the first time, when I click on the column, the display changes to the code value of the current item, it does not retain the d...
Hi: In December of 2018 one of our developers migrated us to PB 2017 R3 build 1858.  For whatever reason he experienced some version issues. Now, almost 16 months later, I have at least two instances where the checkout date in the .prp reflects the...
Hai, While I am closing the console window in the power server deployment, I can't use the power server (with browser) facility. After deployment the exe into cloud, we need to keep the console ?. Or  Have any other solutions ?...
Hi Everyone,   I have a script where I upload my excel file and read it using pb script  On my excel file this is how I display my date : WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2020 And this how I read it s_logdte = trim(string(myoleobject.application.workbooks(...
Hello, Does anyone provide PB/Appeon/SnapDevelop hands-on training to experienced PB developers in U.S.?...
Hi all I have spent hours trying to get this done but to no avail. Here is what I have I have a dw control (let's call it dw_main) within it there is a column ('trouble') that is of edit style dddw (dropdowndatawindow). I also have a datawindowch...
Hi, The new PowerServer 2021 provides only few possible possibilities for database providers: Is there more options coming and with what timetable? Could it be possible to use all ODBC-drivers installed on the server? Is it possible to use driv...
Hi all. I am working with PB2019R2. I have a problem when I try to open the datasource from the datawindow painter. The hourglass stays indefinitely. This happens to me when I use a database connection using Oracle 10g or Oracle 9i. However if I us...
Hello, After a mailmerge with a document containing INCLUDEPICTURE fields, it is necessary to refresh the document by pressing F9 in Word. To avoid that, I coded "lole_doc.Fields.Update" after the mailmerge.execute in my Powerscript mailmerge funct...
Hi all; Please, Do you know what could be the best way or options to Deploy/Host PowerServer 2021 to Azure? I'm looking for options, preferably outside Visual Studio.   Thanks, Alex ...
Hi, We are in the process of implementing MFA Passive federation in our PowerBuilder applications. Currently we use the application logged-in user credentials to log-in to the computer (using LogonUserA)  and then use integrated security=sspi to co...

There are no discussions available here currently