Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all,With our 64-bit system I've been asked the question relating to the way our it stores passwords (in a text file or in a table or in the Registry):Can the stored password be encrypted using AES-256 strength?I've read about the new CrypterObject...
I am trying to migrate PB11 to Appeon PB 2017 R3 build 1915. At the end of migration, after regenerating the pbls, it said 43 errors, but didn't give any details of the errors. Noticed the same thing when tried to migrate from PB12.6 to Appeon PB 201...
Hi, Currently we have a number of applications that are currently using PowerBuilder 2019R3. The original apps were written 20 years ago and we have been upgrading the PB versions along the way. They are classic PowerBuilder C/S applications. And th...
Can PB 19 R2 client / server desktop app connect to a SQLMI database on the cloud? Is there sample code? Or do / should we upgrade to a newer version to get this capability....
Our PB code in 2017 R3 was migrated to windows 10 environment. mail functionality which was working on Win7 no longer works on Outlook 365 (Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730.20155)). We get Microsoft Outlook Error "Login Failed" Our code look...
I tried to change existing ole ms webbrowser control to new webbrowser control, then I have a link that open my Mail To: on my webpage. when I click on the link the new webbrowser doesn't open a new email in outlook. the original control (Ole MS webb...
Good Day - I am guessing the property name, itself, is the answer to my question, but I am hoping there's a way to use a native image, such as DataWindow5! as a Tree Node Icon in a Tree View styled DataWindow. I am not trying to compare Apples to O...
Hello all,   i want to use different ORCA-versions (105, 125, 170, 190) in C#. I Installed the newest Powerbuilder Versions and did a [DllImport("PBORC...")] with each version.   But in the end, i could not use the 12.5 and 19.0 version because t...
Hi, We have PowerBuilder desktop applications (windows 10/win32) that are having accessibility issues and we are investigating on what can be done in the area. We currently are in the process of upgrading from PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to PowerBuilder 20...
We would like to implement Single Sign On with PowerBuilder 2019 R2 and Oracle 19.  Does anyone have specific examples on what values should be specified in SQLCA in order to use Kerberos authentication?  ...
I have followed the steps of video of Elevate , for get the resize without pfc, but when compile show the error Undefined variable :inv_registered in the video sample not show this message error or is other versio of PFC, I donwload PFC from the Pa...
Hi Everyone,   Good day! I was wondering if it is possible to do LDAP login in PB 12.5 CLASSIC. If its possible can you give me ideas on how to do it? Hoping to hear from anyone of you the soonest possible.     Thank you so much!...
Hi, I've started testing Powerclient in Powerbuilder 2019R3 for our existing application and it seems to be working ok, except it doesn't display the correct taskbar icon in Windows 10.  The application and the shortcut all show the correct icon, but...
We've recently upgraded to PB 2021 R1 and after doing an SVN Update, the following message appears. What does it mean and what does it appear. All object on SVN had already been migrated to PB2021 R1? Thanks...
Hi, I've installed PowerBuilder  / PowerServer 2021 and am following the Quick Start tutorial "(Minimal efforts) Updating the sample PowerServer project and deploying it" but am getting an error when I get to the step "Running the installable cloud ...
Hi, There is a client requested to host powerserver 2021 to Microsoft Azure. I need help on how to host app in the Azure. I will appreciate step by step tutorials. with kind regards....
I have an application that creates a number of reports and saves them as Excel files with the XLSX! save as type and file extension.xlsx. All the reports open in Excel 2016 except one. The one exception can be saved with the EXCEL! SaveAs type and it...
We have the legacy application built with PB7. It ran on VM with Windows 10 , 64 bits. We want to upgrade PB7 to PB 2019. We moved the code to another virtual machine and installed PB 2019, and tried to open pbl files , but there is nothing happened ...
Hello, i got problem when i compile on IDE. executable file it not build because my IDE powerbuilder compiler is pbc.exe as attachment image. but file not here under powerbuilder program path. it have only pbc190.exe.   so i found workaround whe...
Hi,   I am creating a datawindow - from a single table - i want it to group - a field - in this case number of washes, what i would like is for it to group it in say 10s so 0-9 washes 10-19 washes etc.    regards and thanks in advance    Andre...

There are no discussions available here currently