Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,   I have an application that looks at a Sybase ASE 15.7 database with fields of Numeric(18,0). All values in the database are whole numbers. I recently noticed that in one datawindow the field would display properly as 1002000000002399, but ...
Hello all   Can i display mp4 files with the new webbrowser control ? the files  are located on the local pc / network  When  i am trying to navigate to a file , the control opens a black screen and noting happend  as you can see the image attac...
The help topic 'standard datatypes' says this about the Time datatype: The time in 24-hour format, including the hour (00 to 23), minute (00 to 59), second (00 to 59), and fraction of second (up to six digits), with a range from 00:00:00 to 23:59:...
I finally identified the cause of the performance slowdown in both PBv12 and PB2019R3. The problem is the DBPARM option "DisableBind=1". Removing the DISABLEBIND=1 from the DBPARMS resolves the issue in both PBv12.1 and PB2019R3.   Solution: Ch...
Hi, I try to integrate MS WebBrowserControl ActiveX component with PB DataWindow (OLE presentation style) or its OLE control. The aim is to display html page by text reference that is stored in some dw column. All my efforts are not working and wb...
Hi, I'm inheriting and assuming project responsibilities for multiple existing PowerServer apps.  Is there a way to get existing toolkit profiles from another dev machine and avoid recreating them all ?  (sorta like DBProfile sharing or common netw...
Hi,   We have been using the native pdf method for some time now for generating pdfs for datawindows.   Because of some problems that not seem to be very prioritized by Appeon, we need to go back to using Ghostscript for one of the applications ...
Hello,   I noticed with Powerbuilder 2019 there is now an XML file that is generated whenever an application is deployed that specifies where to look for the runtime. This seems to be rewritten every time an application is deployed, so if I change ...
Hi to everybody. I was running Build & Deploy PowerServer Project and i got the error message shown in the attach image. I really appreciate your help.   PD. I'm working with PowerBuilder 2021 CloudPro Edition Build 1288, and Oracle 11g as RD...
I migrated our workspace from PB2019 R2 to PB2021 yesterday, and noticed that custom images (all 16x16 pngs with transparent backgrounds) have a pixelated look around the edges in the debugger and in compiled programs. The previews in the editor, bot...
Hi Guys   is there a way to set up a web api odata compliant with SnapDevelop and .NET DataStore? Thanks...
Hi, Need help, am using powerbuilder 2021 trial version. Am getting transaction time out at about two minutes every time am running the application. What am i going wrong please help. Find attached error message....
Hi everyone, I am testing my PB desktop application with a screen reader (right now Narrator), my customer will come up with demands on accessibility very soon. I am using PB 2019 R3 build 2670 for this, and I am testing throught the IDE on Wind...
Hi all, I've tried several times to use an external manifest to make my application DPI aware. The fonts look really nice and well defined when I set my screen text to 125 %, but my images are being resized incorrectly by the PFC classes. I'm on one...
The OpenSSl dlls libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll are delivered in the PB 21.0.1288 runtime in version 1.0.2.4. According to “https:\\www.openssl.org/source” 1.0.2.* libraries are out of support and should not be used. This is a relative old warning. W...
a customer  have a PB2017 Universal Edition and latter migration to PB2019  that includes the developer edition of powerserver 2017/9 the features for admininstration of the licences are not longer available under lincese management in the Appeon U...
Hi, PFC 2019: https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries/2019 I've tried building an executable on both the example app and peat and both have the same problem.It blows up on the declared n_msg variable of the application object. Running from the ID...
Hi, I'm attempting to test run a legacy PB application with PowerServer 2021. It was necessary to make some modifications to the app to remove a number of PowerServer unsupported features, but I am now getting a clean build & deploy of the Powe...
Hi all,With our 64-bit system I've been asked the question relating to the way our it stores passwords (in a text file or in a table or in the Registry):Can the stored password be encrypted using AES-256 strength?I've read about the new CrypterObject...
I am trying to migrate PB11 to Appeon PB 2017 R3 build 1915. At the end of migration, after regenerating the pbls, it said 43 errors, but didn't give any details of the errors. Noticed the same thing when tried to migrate from PB12.6 to Appeon PB 201...

There are no discussions available here currently