Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, From a long time I have a webservice that always worked fine. After I've installed the last PB 19.2.0.2703, if I create and install the msi file, when I call the webservice it return me SOAP SERVICE ERROR. I've found that the error is about...
Hi, We wish to integrate Crystal Reports 2020 with PB 2019 or PB 2020 for 64 bit and 32 bit environments.    Any suggestions / tutorials will be be greatly appreciated.  ...
guru   I graded sql 2000 to 2016. then I save memo (text) file in database, it shows follow message. my table column datatype is text.  I would like to ask "text" files is allow for sql server or not  William ...
Hi,   We are using Power Builder 2019 R3. We want capture customer's pic through webcam. What functions / dlls / Library should I use to achieve this?   Kind regards, Falguni...
Hi All, When i do the install application in user machine then i need to configure DSN manually (Create DSN, Configure).  I need to do id must be automatic DSN creation. I am using the INNO Setup for creation of MSI. Please help me !!! Thanks, Y...
Dear Team, Can we use mouse well on Ribbon bar. based on mouse weel, navigate around category button.  ...
I'm working on a demo that needs to read a file. If the file is located on the machine IIS is running on, it works. I would like to access the file from a server on the network. Using a UNC file name doesn't work because IIS doesn't normally have net...
Hello. We have a Powerbuilder app that uses LogonUserW() method from advapi32.dll to authenticate a user/password against a specific domain.   It seems like some recent patches to Windows have impacted how this method works.  What we're seeing it on...
Hello All,   I am using a crosstab datawindow which is retrieveing columns more then 300 and so a validation is coming. Can someone please tell how can i capture the validation and set my custom messsage to the user    Thanks and Regards...
Hello guys This might be an easy one, but I just can't figure it out: My datawindow painter does not take the default settings for columns, headers and text.  I have gone through the application object, clicked on additional properties, and set th...
Hello, PB 2017 R3 We have a migrated application from PB 10.5 to PB 2017R3 which is working fine when run from desktop, surface pro, laptops.   We found an issue when we run the same application in a Lenovo Yoga book (Win 10 Home).  While executing...
Hi, we're looking for the way to connect PowerBuilder2021+PowerServer2021 to IBM DB2/400 6.1 Version database. We successfully installed Informix 2.2.0.100 as database driver(from nuget.org) and filled the Database Configuration form. However, when ...
Hello, PB 11.5, Windows 7 SP1 When I try to install the PB 11.5 runtime, I get the following error It's a fresh install of Win 7 in that machine.   Anything that I need to do to get rid of this error ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hello, we're planning to connect PowerServer 2020 + Wildfly(as WAS) to IBM DB2/400 6.1 Version. Since it's impossible for us to reproduce the actual production environment and set the test environment, we're looking for any advice on setting up for ...
Just posting some advice in case someone else stumbles onto an issue like this. The SQLSTATE = 42000 a catch all basin for everything under the sun from Microsoft can lead you in circles. Here's another gotcha. When using a PB 2019 R3 application w...
A test user gets the following message when executing my distributed application. Here are my steps: Upgraded my PB IDE to 2019R3 from 2019R2. Built my application exe for distribution. Distributed the new exe to a test user who has a 2019R2 di...
On my work computer I do not have admin rights.  However when I run powerbuilder 2019 it has elevated privileges(by looking at task manager).  I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off....
Hi Team, I have migrated the source code into the Powerbuilder 2019 R2 latest version. After Full build, the .EXE of my application is not running. Please suggest the ways to resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance!   Thanks, Naveen naveenkumar....
I need someone from Appeon to state if PowerBuilder 2021 is compliant with Section 508.   Fully? Partially?   Is there a document on PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2021 Section 508 Compliance?   This would also be helpful to those looking for an ans...
Hi, i am using PowerServer 2021 Developer included in my PB CloudPro. Installed an app and published on a remote web server (IIS) to test how it works. Everything working fine as expected, but i've noticed that sometimes (not so often but it happens...

There are no discussions available here currently