Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hai, Have any options to add custom color in PowerBuilder ?. Now available only 16 custom colors. I want to add more colors to custom or each target needs different colors like to-do list.  ...
Hi, we've been playing around with Powerclient again this week and it is looking promising, but we still have a couple of small issues with CloudAppLauncher_Installer.  We may still use the msi for central deployment, but I kind of like the idea of t...
what is the max length of the session id returned by PS2021? this is from the help as an example of the session id: "sessionid":"8e3f5c6d-7515-4377-9a45-0e3349fcbfd2"I need to store the session id, so i need to know how big it can be.   ** this i...
Hi Everyone,   I have thousands  scanned files (pdf,jpg,jpeg,....) mainly pdf - scanned without barcode I want  to add barcode on each file auto (all files in specific directory) I have excel file that have the no that can be used to generate barco...
Hello, For PowerBuilder 2019 R2 applications, the ClassName for the MDI application window was: "FNWND3190". What is it now for PB2021 applications? I'm supposing it might be: "FNWND3", but not sure. And how can I actually find it to confirm? Than...
Hi,  I have 3 databases that have a table that is the same structure   for example - customers which has fields account name type  info other   One is the master database by that i mean that it contains all the records the other 2 have a s...
Hi, is there any way to stop that constant IWAShell.exe prompt saying an "Update is available.  Install? Yes/No".    If I try Yes it installs but then prompts again!  As it's backwards compatible we are OK with not updating it.   We never want users...
Hi Guys We have a problem with mailResolveRecipient returning mailReturnFailure! This is code that is 20 years old has worked consistently forever. Clearly it is something environmental that is occurring but the symptoms are as follows: 1. Some us...
I'm looking for an eventual retirement from my business, which sells two software programs we wrote in PB to small to mid-sized churches and charities. It's a high volume, low price business, so I'm not necessarily looking to get a lot of money for ...
Hi Guys I'm installing the PB Runtime Packge MSI generated using PB2019R3 I'm using the following command for a silent installation: msiexec /qn /a "C:\Powersoft\LCIA_DC\PBCLTRT 19.2.0.2703.msi" /l* "C:\Powersoft\LCIA_DC\msilog.txt" The logfile h...
Hi All We are using Ole web browser control and uninstalled Internet explorer, made edge as default browser. Not able to open href link html tag from ole browser control. Attached sample application for the above mentioned issue. Can you please le...
Hi  I'm still leaning and trying things with Snapdevelop. I'm tying the generic .Net Datastore and l'm wondering if their is a way of adding DwParameterAttribute dynamically (Where statements). I know this can be done with the Snapobject via  SqlM...
Hi Guys is there a way to change font style using theme?   Thanks in advance   Regards...
I migrated PB.7 to appeon 2019 . but I found funcky.dll have some function did not work .   for example . num to dollars function , it output unreadable characters.  would you have any advice    Willaim   public  subroutine  _num2dollars(ref st...
Hi, we are using the eon_mobile_webviewex object to display a pdf which is located in the plugin folder of the appeon custom workspace on our ios device (iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen iOS 14.6). We want to print this pdf from the custom workspace or share it...
Hi, We're upgrading a legacy PB application to PowerServer 2021. In the application Handle(GetApplication()) = 0 is used to determine if the application is being run from the PB IDE. Unfortunately when running the new PowerServer project from the ...
Hello everyone; Please, could you provide me more details about where or how to configure "Connection Pooling"?. It also seems that the table to configure the timeout in different DBs would be missing in the documentation. https://docs.appeon.com/...
Hello, We installed a PowerServer 2020 in a server and deployed a mobile application there that connects to an Oracle database. It all worked correctly and our customer could begin to work with it. But some days later the mobile application began t...
Hi PB users, We try to solve a crash problem with PB 2019 R2, that occurs in the constructor event of a user object instantiated by a window running with MS windows server 2019 and task scheduler with "Run whether user is logged on or not" mode. Wi...
Hello, In PB 10.5 One of our customers, require current page number to get printed at the bottom of the every page, in the Label type datawindow.  Is it possible ?     ...

There are no discussions available here currently