Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm testing out the PowerClient. Cool idea, but I'm struggling with performance. As an example, my invoice window pops right open when I run with PBDs. Using PowerClient, the window took almost 10 seconds to open the first time. Subsequent times, it ...
I got an email saying a new comment had been added to a bug I reported a while ago. The comment says it is not a bug and an example has been uploaded. Of course I want to check this out because a) I'm skeptical :) and b) If it works then hooray! How...
Hello,   When I Build a specific PBD with 'Build Runtime Library' option (Incremental Build Type) in PB 12.5 - it takes 15 min. When I Build the same PBD with 'Build Runtime Library' option (Incremental Build Type) in PB 19 - it takes 30 min.   ...
Hi team, I could not find any info regarding this. I am having issues opening the function painter prototype dropdown panel. When clicking on Show/Hide Prototype button on top right corner.. the prototype dropdown panel is not showing. It is happen...
Dear all, it's not directly PB related, but: Is it possible to consume a REST based webservice directly out of a stored proc or trigger usinf Sybase ASE?Many thanks in advanceThorsten  ...
Update:  18-AUG-2021   Here's one example of the expressions used in the various columns:IF ( bg_color = 1, RGB (147, 233, 240),       IF (bg_color = 2,  RGB (169, 228, 133),              IF (bg_color = 3, RGB (237, 192, 200), 553648127              ...
I am using powerbuilder 2019. I need to create MSI installer so please help me that how to create MSI installer....
We have a user whose IM.ini file keeps getting corrupted. She has had a variety of issues starting infomaker, which are resolved when we replace her IM.ini file with another one from another user. This has happened 4 times to the same user but it is...
I'm confused by the results of a string comparison.  I only discovered this because it's causing an issue with some legacy code we are migrating for a client from the mainframe. I thought any non-blank value would be greater than a space, but the mi...
Hi, When periodically looking for reported issues that may be of importance, it seems like I miss good filtering or sorting options. The workflow would be that every x weeks you'd look at the bug-list and be able to sort the list to see what's new. ...
I’d like to migrate a fully rebuilded PB19R2 application to PB21 using orcascr210.exe. The same happens if I "re-migrate" an PB21 app.   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 21.0\orcascr210.exe" /D runtime_version="21.0.0.1288" .\Migrate.dat...
Starting out with Powerserver 2017 and deployed as a single computer developer environment on a Windows 10 machine The code samples application runs OK on IE 11 but on the edge browser, shows a blank screen The sales app runs on both. My own...
Hi, I have a SQL Anywhere 17 database with a lot of tables whit a "uniqueidentifier" as primairy key, with de default value newid(). In the the datawindow I set in the Update properties the "Identity Column" to the PK column. When I insert a row in...
Hello all, I've put 100s of PowerBuilder C/S applications into source code control and am completely comfortable with the process.   I'm about to guide someone in putting a PowerServer code set from the PB IDE into source code control.  I'm wonderi...
Hi,       We have recently setup the Power Client deployment process. Few Windows 10 users are getting the below error when the CAL setup the files in their system. Is there any settings from PB side or OS side we need to change.  It works fine in ...
Hello Using PB 2019 R3 Is there any advantage in using PB 2021 rather than PB 2019 R3? Currently no Plan to use PowerServerNeed to know what improvements / bug fixes done in PB / SD 2021 Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hi I have a strange behaviour in the WebBrowser control. When I download a PDF or an Excel from a site the page turns blank and there's no way to show the content again. I need to restart the browser. When I call PrintAsPDF() the PDF shows the conte...
    Dear All PowerBuilder 2021. How to set the PowerBuilder Runtime path for when running PB210.exe.? without set registry editor. does the Powerbuilder IDE currently have any parameters? example : run(PB210.exe -path d:\\PowerBuilder Ru...
Hi PB experts,  Since upgrading to PB2019 (and i think less frequently before the upgrade) when we send our EXE installer file to users, when they download it, windows defender blocks it (either won't allow it to be downloaded at all or blocks it). ...
I am trying to move a PowerBuilder process that is almost all Computational Business Logic.  I am starting from a Command Line Tool C# project rather than a WebServer (RestAPI) and have harvested over the Business Logic and Data Models, pretty well. ...

There are no discussions available here currently