1. Luiz Marques
  2. PowerServer
  3. Tuesday, 14 September 2021 15:39 PM UTC

Hello All,

I have migrated a PowerBuilder application for a client and I'm testing. The first screen that open is the logon screen that have a DropDownPictureListBox with the DB's settings. Using the PowerBuilder the DB show the image and the text, etc, but when I run on PowerServer, the listbox is blank, not showing the image and the text. The DropDownPictureListBox use a built-in images to choose and probably this object is not being deployed to the PowerServer. Someone knows what's the object (I'm not sure if it's a dll, or a folder, or something else) that contains the built-in images?

Luiz Marques Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 15 September 2021 09:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hello Kai Zhao @Appeon,

Ater checking the connection setting I notice something very "old school", basically the client is saving the connection into the windows register and maybe that's the reason that the powerserver is not able to populate the dropdownpicturelistbox, which is strange because the connection parameters are in there (looks like is invisible or something, maybe the application structure with the connection is populated but in the list box is not), if I fill the username and the password I'm able to connect the application.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 September 2021 09:40 AM UTC
32 or 64 branch of the registry? Powerserver might run as 64 bit and therefore your information should not be in the WOW6432NODE (if that's where it is ...)
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 September 2021 09:41 AM UTC
(I'm not sure if I know what you mean when you say "the client", so forgive me if my answer has nothing to do).
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 15 September 2021 05:13 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Luiz,

The built-in images is generally stored in runtime DLL files. But I did not reproduce the issue on our end.

For this issue, I find not only the pictures didn’t show up, the list is not showing either. Where does your application get the DB’s settings? From ini or database? Please make sure it gets the DB's settings succesfully.

Please open a support ticket in the support portal and please provide a test case, Many thanks in advance.
https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
Luiz Marques Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 September 2021 19:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hello @John Fauss,

Thanks for the quickly reply. Yes, I have checked and the DropDownPictureListBox is using a built-in image as below. For your second question, yes, the application uses PBR that was included in the PowerServer Project.....

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Tuesday, 14 September 2021 20:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the additional info. Luiz. That was the simplest & quickest things to check and verify. I did a bug report search for "PowerServer" and "DropDownPictureListBox" and came up empty. I suggest you report this as a bug to Appeon and see what they say..

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 September 2021 17:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi, Luiz - 

Have you verified the DropDownPictureListBox control is using built-in, PB-supplied images, or are you assuming it does? If it does, can you please list them?

By chance, does the PowerBuilder app that you are migrating to PowerServer use a resource (.PBR) file?

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.