Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello experts, do you know how to enter ALT key codes (unicodes) for symbols in text fields? For example, we would like to enter the symbol for a phone: Symbol: "✆"Name: "Public pay phone"ALT code number: ALT + "9990" We always get the symbol "♠"...
I have a report that has the detail band and columns set to autosize their heights. The issue I am having is the last row is cutting off the text in a column that works fine in other rows. I need it to display properly for all rows. See the screensh...
Hi Guru I have problems making a clone from Powerbuilder on Visual Studio Team Sevices.When executing the eyebrow instructions in the user guide on page 77 the system gives me an error. If I make a clone from Tortoise everything is ok. Some idea?  ...
Hello, is it possible to generate a fillable PDF form (DW save as PDF, PowerBuilder 2017 R2)? The customer wants to fill out fields in a PDF form and save it. Thanks for answering  ...
Hi All I am trying to save a pdf file in database and then fetching pdf data from database to create pdf file from it. BUT the created pdf file is not being opened showing message that it damaged or corrupt. Here are the implementation details Powe...
Hello, Using PB 11.5 & SQL Server 2012 1.  Blank page when data in nested report exceeds one page.   When the data in nested report spans more than one page, it leaves the starting page [of the nested report data] blank and starts in the next pag...
Anyone had luck running the Windows API function NetServerEnum on Windows 10? I'm getting this error: ---------------------------NetServerEnum Error---------------------------Error #384 You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. T...
I have just changed our application to use a DSN-less connection to ODBC, and I am struggling with how to trap an incorrect password condition.  Previously (our current production code), we had an OLE DB connection.  We have a login screen, and if th...
Hi, I am trying to create a data window in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I am following the below steps. New->data window->rich text->stored procedure After selecting the stored procedure then I am getting the below error as shown in screenshot though we ...
Hi all, I have a .net webservice project that converts some numbers into string to do some proccessing. Suddenly the conversion returns something like an empty string (not even null). For example, in a method that returns string, this lines return ...
Hi, I am trying to view a data window in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I cannot view the data window in a proper way. I am getting windows on windows and if I try to click preview by default or manage then automatically it is getting a popup as PowerBuilder...
At one time I was told that IE was the only certified browser to run PB in WEB. So I am just trying to get a confirmation of "is there an official/certified browser to run PB in the WEB", or IE, Chrome or Firefox can all be used.   Environment, PB...
With PB 2017 new feature of saving datawindow to PDF is causing application to crash when datawindow contains jpgs (photos). But not all for some photos it works fine. And it is not consistent with size of the photo either. The application is a cl...
Hi guys,   Recently one of our customers is complaining about "lost data".  I am not yet sure how this happens, but i have a feeling it has to do with the autocommit property of the transaction object.   I am using PB2017 R3 with a SQLAnywhere 11...
Good morning Guru Our applications use an ini configuration file. eg: ProfileString ('app_lore', "stock", "0105", "S") Unfortunately, erroneously, in some cases there are more than one 'app_lore' file (in different folders). Is there a way to...
I will give you a little brief of what happened before I explain the issue I have and ask my question. The production box, where I had PowerServer Work group edition with our license, crashed. I am in the process of getting back our PowerServer lic...
Hi, I am able to run an application migrated from PB8 to PB2017 R3(.exe file) completely fine on my development PC (Windows 7 64 Bit) . when i try to run the same on a new machine(Win 7 64 Bit and Win 10 64 Bit) i am receiving "The application was u...
PB 2017-R3 and SQL Server 2017 Express using ODBC connection. I am able to run a stored procedure with output parameter using RPCFUNC but for some reason my client doesn't want to do it that way. When I attempt to code a DECLARE, I get a compile err...
At one time there was a problem where when running on a server, the temporary work files were not unique which caused issues. I am pretty sure this was fixed but I want to know how the fix works. We are moving to 2017-R3 Build 1880 soon and part of...
Hi all   I need to send files via SFTP . It can be done by PB ? maybe without using 3'rd party program ?   Its a client / server application using pb 2017 r3    Thanks    ...

There are no discussions available here currently