1. John Hnat
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 17 March 2021 12:45 PM UTC

We recently upgraded from PB 2019 to PB 2019 R3 (2670), and we're seeing a strange issue with response windows moving after they are opened.

Specifically: if the window has any opening animation specified, then the window will open in a location other than the centered position on the display.  If the window is not marked as "Center", then the window will open in the upper left corner of the display (probably X=0/Y=0), and then when the animation is done, it is moved to the center of the display.  If the window is marked as "Center", then the window will open closer to the center of the display (but still off), and again move to the center once the opening animation has completed.

Windows without animation will open centered as expected.

I've created a small application (PBL attached) to demonstrate this concept.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong (very possible) or if it's a bug.  We can easily work around it by not using animation to open response windows.

Attachments (1)
John Hnat Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 18 March 2021 09:26 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Got it.  Sounds like it'll be fixed soon enough -- and again, not a big enough issue to really worry about in the first place.  Thanks, guys.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 18 March 2021 01:07 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi John Hnat,

As John and Chris said, this issue should be the same as ticket 6011.

I suggest you refer to the known issue link below and download the DLL files to fix the issue.
https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/release_bulletin_for_pb/known_issues.html#known_issues_for_powerbuilder

We will fix these bugs in the subsequent MR versions.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 March 2021 21:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi John;

I think that your issue is as John Fauss suggests. Appeon Engineering has a fix but it's not QA'ed in the full System Test sense - but, you are free to try it. Engineering is working on a PB2019R3 MR that "should" be out soon (aka April time frame).

Regards ... Chris

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 March 2021 14:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi, John -

This may be related to a known issue in 2019R3:

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=6011

There is a set of runtime DLL's you can download from a link in this problem report to see if that addresses the problem you are experiencing. Please be aware this fix has not yet been distributed in an official maintenance release, so personally, I would be hesitant to produce a production release of your application using these DLL's.

Best regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.