1. Tina Prestas
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 2 April 2019 20:57 PM UTC

We have a client using our application through a Citrix environment, although they state it happens locally too, when they print reports it crashes once they moved to a Server 2016 environment but doesn't happen in Server 2008.  The dll it is crashing on is pbSCN17.dll (crashes in PB 12.5 as well pbSCN125.dll) which is the SQL Native client dll.  Anyone else having any issues with Windows Server 2016 and this dll crashing when the datawindow is retrieving data to render to the screen?

Tina Prestas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 18 March 2021 16:58 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I had to go back through old files but it looks like the client upgraded their .net version as well and that appears to have solved the issue.  They did not provide any additional information.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 18 March 2021 17:00 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Tina Prestas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 March 2021 13:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Yes this looks like it was resolved.

Thanks

Comment
  1. Mark Lee @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 11 March 2021 02:36 AM UTC
Hi Tina,

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that.

Can you share with us how you resolve it? Maybe this could also help others who meet the same issue.
  1. Helpful
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 March 2021 09:39 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Tina,

May I ask if the issue has been solved?

If not, have you submitted a ticket regarding the issue for us to verify and analyze?

If you haven't submitted the ticket yet, it's suggested that you report this problem to our ticket system: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug so it can be properly received and tracked.

Please also provide a VM that can reproduce the issue for verification and analysis when you submit it to the ticket system.

Regards,

Comment
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 3 April 2019 10:30 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Tina,

We’ve never had such issue. PB also supports deploying exe to Windows Server 2016.

Questions:

1. What is the version number of your SQL Server Native Client installed on your machine? What is your database server version number? Is your exe built into 32bit or 64bit?
  2. Besides DW retrieve, do you have such issue in other areas, such as SQL, DW Update, etc.?
  3. If you run it in other Windows Server 2016 machine, do you get the same issue?
  4. Have you tried starting your exe using ‘Run as administrator’?
  5. Did you install PB Runtime package on your machine? I suggest that you install it and see if it resolves the issue.
  6. Please try copying your exe & pbd files to the PB Runtime install folder and see if it resolves the issue.
  7. If you change your application to use OLE DB, ADO.Net or ODBC to connect to your database, does it resolves the issue?

If none of the above resolves your issue, I suggest that you open a ticket and provide the environment information and reproducible test case in Appeon Support ticket system: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug.

Regards, Ken

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 3 April 2019 16:51 PM UTC
Hi Ken;

I wonder if this issue is unique to Tina's Citrix environment?

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.