Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We just had a couple users run a malwarebytes scan and the uninstall.exe of the installable cloud app is showing as a possible threat.   we are just worried that some of our user base will run into this same issue.  has anyone else had this and is th...
Hi, having an issue with a MultiLineEdit control losing/ignoring formatting, sometimes. This has been happening for years using many versions of PB, so it is not PB-version related; customer has just called me on it, so would like to find a solution ...
In the following code, The line: "var eof = exe.StdOut.AtEndOfStream;" hangs, and the PB program does not exit.   Please create file b.wsf with the following content, and run it by:  cscript  b.wsf // As a result, the line: "var eof = exe.StdOut.A...
Hello, I am using Powerbuilder 2019R3 with Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3 versiob as backend.  I have recently migrated the source code from Powerbuilder 12.5 to Powerbuidler 2019R3. After migration, for the login user after the password has expi...
When I retrieve a string into a datawindow attribute, powerbuilder is padding the string (with spaces) to the limit number of characters. The effect is that the user cannot insert into the string without first deleting the characters at the end. I ...
Hi, I am just after some advice - what SQL query builder would you all recommend , that works with SQL Anywhere 16 ? regards Andrew  ...
Are there any samples or guidance for securing a ASP.NET Core 3.1 Web API as templated by SnapDevelop?   For example, I am working from the following fine sample: ASP.NET Core 3.1 - Simple API for Authentication, Registration and User Management | ...
I am in the process of adding our Powerbuilder code (2019 R3) to Git. I am following the instructions in the documentation (Add a workspace to Git). We are using Zscaler as our proxy server. I followed the instructions in the documentation for using ...
Hello, I there a possibility to Save /Print the datastore to a pdf-file? Thx...
Hello,   Evaluating PowerBuilder 2019R3 and notice that when installing the runtime package, it will default to "C:\Program Files (X86)\Appeon...".  We have a corporate policy to not install ANY software onto the system drive.  I am able to specify...
Hi, Am getting this error when i run PowerClient. How do i resolve this? ...
Hi PB users, With the new Security Bulletin: Apache Log4j2 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228) we start to answer our customers that they are not affected by our applications because we only use classic Powerbuilder branch and we do...
Hi,   It seems that datawindow coumns autosize does not work. (Pb 2019 r3) I have tried many combinations including the one in the link below. Autosize Width of Grid DataWindow Columns | Appeon Website   Does this feature work at all ?   Than...
Hi.   Is there a way for pretty print XML? We receive on long string of XML data, but want to pretty print this in a MLE og RTF edit for better viewing. An online REST solution could work, but I cannot seem to find any.   br,   Bjarne Anker ...
We are using Powerbuilder v2019 R2 Build 2353. I see that log4j is installed to our development machines as part of the standard Powerbuilder IDE install. Can you please confirm what action/mitigations we will need to take to ensure that a) our Pb d...
Hello, I'm confused about the cloudapplauncher that is downloaded from my server. When I click on the "Download the launcher" button, a "CloudAppLauncher_Installer.exe" file is downloaded but it is not the one I expect, it is an old one I created s...
Hello All,   Is anyone aware of a way to embed a manifest or use an external manifest in an exe generated using orcascript? We are currently using PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353. We are using Git as source control. After initial PBL upload we neve...
Hi, Using Powerbuilder 2021 with Git Azure DevOps.  Git revert from PB IDE Fails:21-12-15 18:15:15 INFO: Git revert21-12-15 18:15:16 INFO: Git client is finding files. Please wait...21-12-15 18:15:16 INFO: Git client has finished finding files. 1 fi...
I'm having a problem when using Git push to a TFS repository.  After I added the source control, I go and select Git Push which bring up the Git login window.  I copy in the TFS repository URL and then test the connection and I get this error: The G...
Hello, I don't know if it's silly what I'm going to ask ... Can LOG4J be implemented with PowerBuilder, are there examples if someone has done it? Thank you....

There are no discussions available here currently