Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   It seems that datawindow coumns autosize does not work. (Pb 2019 r3) I have tried many combinations including the one in the link below. Autosize Width of Grid DataWindow Columns | Appeon Website   Does this feature work at all ?   Than...
Hi.   Is there a way for pretty print XML? We receive on long string of XML data, but want to pretty print this in a MLE og RTF edit for better viewing. An online REST solution could work, but I cannot seem to find any.   br,   Bjarne Anker ...
We are using Powerbuilder v2019 R2 Build 2353. I see that log4j is installed to our development machines as part of the standard Powerbuilder IDE install. Can you please confirm what action/mitigations we will need to take to ensure that a) our Pb d...
Hello, I'm confused about the cloudapplauncher that is downloaded from my server. When I click on the "Download the launcher" button, a "CloudAppLauncher_Installer.exe" file is downloaded but it is not the one I expect, it is an old one I created s...
Hello All,   Is anyone aware of a way to embed a manifest or use an external manifest in an exe generated using orcascript? We are currently using PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353. We are using Git as source control. After initial PBL upload we neve...
Hi, Using Powerbuilder 2021 with Git Azure DevOps.  Git revert from PB IDE Fails:21-12-15 18:15:15 INFO: Git revert21-12-15 18:15:16 INFO: Git client is finding files. Please wait...21-12-15 18:15:16 INFO: Git client has finished finding files. 1 fi...
I'm having a problem when using Git push to a TFS repository.  After I added the source control, I go and select Git Push which bring up the Git login window.  I copy in the TFS repository URL and then test the connection and I get this error: The G...
Hello, I don't know if it's silly what I'm going to ask ... Can LOG4J be implemented with PowerBuilder, are there examples if someone has done it? Thank you....
Hello Appeon Technical team, Does PowerBuilder use log4j2 java based package in PowerScript? Our company is trying to to fix the vulnerability due to this package. Please find the related article. https://www.lunasec.io/docs/blog/log4j-zero-day/ Th...
  We have found that log4j files are used by PowerBuilder 2017 and PowerBuilder 2019 R1 and R2. https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html Please can you advise whether this component is used for classic client server applications and also...
Hello We Are Using Appeon PowerServer 2020 Build 2323.00.  We found that log4j is located in Appeonserver.ear\APP-INF\lib. Like the PowerBuilder related CVE-2021-44228 issue, please let us know what action we should take on PowerServer.    ...
  how to converting string (Hexadecimal) to base64 ?  Base64Encode () is coverting only TEXT ,Not as Hexadecimal values  Hexadecimal = "010c426f6273205265636f726473020f3331303132323339333530303030330314323032322d30342d32355431353a33303a30305a04073...
I am getting this error powerbuilder application execution error (R0016) Is there any solution to resolve it ?  ...
Hi good afternoon, My doubt is about on how can i do to run my PowerClient App. i think i have everything; all the external files are included in my app, i have all my libraries for the deploy, on the 'Deployment' section i have as a remote server ...
I would like to convert Hex value to Base64 String, I found one function in PB 2021 to convert but unfortunatlly it is input the Hex value as string so it converting from String to Base64 Not from Hex to Base64. Any help to do that.   Thank you...
I've written a .NET Windows Form project where I simply want to evaluate a formula with the .NET Datastore and return the value.  Using SnapDevelop I was able to write a successful console application that utilizes the function similarly but when try...
The 32-bit version of the app works fine and when we first migrated and created the 64-bit version of the app using PB 2019 the app loaded and exited and everything in between ran with no issues.  Since then we've upgraded to 2019 R3 Build 2728 and n...
Can anybody suggest a tool to reliably convert a Sql anywhere db into a postgreSQL database? TIA Claudio Burns...
Hi.We have an old project which was running until 2017. This project has a windows application developed in Powerbuilder (12.5 at the time, but we plan to migrate it to Powerbuilder 2019 R3). Also for this project we had a Appeon Server 2015 (build 0...
data type coderoject not supporting in 12.5, any alternate solution ?...

There are no discussions available here currently