Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I've a desktop application built using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 version. This application calls SOAP WebService developed in Java to authenticate users. Now, there is a requirement to implement the SSL/Certificate Validation or Pinning in this...
Hi All,   I am using PowerBuilder 2019R2 build 2353 and Oracle 19C.  Recently we upgrade our database from Oracle 12 to 19.   I have procedure which OUT parameter is date table type. before database migration its return proper value in PB's dateti...
I'm investigating using a .Net Assembly that our C# based web app uses, within our PowerBuilder desktop app. I am getting the following message from the CreateInstance function: Constructor on type 'OfficeOpenXml.ExcelPackage' not found. This code ...
Hi everybody,   We use some functions from Kernel32.dll to get a DLL version number. This have been always working until PB 12.5.2. But PB2017 R3 crashes when we call HeapFree fuction. EXTERNAL FUNCTIONS CALLED: Function long GetFileVersionInfoSi...
Hi Appeon,     Is there any .net datastore performance test to help developer to make decision to invest appeon's .net datastore tech stack?     Tell us why .net datastore  is better than  ms efcore、dapper or other ormapping framework.     Thanks....
{ Stopwatch st = new Stopwatch(); st.Start(); for (int i = 0; i < 1; i++) { ds = new DataStore<appfunc>(); } st.Stop(); Console.WriteLine("new datastore:" + st.Elapsed.TotalMilliseconds); } { Stopwat...
I wonder where and how to catch that "lost/timeout connection". I guess transaction timeout is the important one - because it will be shorter than the others? I  have tried both dberror and error event in u_dw and also tried error event i n_tr ...
Hello, When I open an application developed by others [ say concatpdf2019], I get the following message (warning).  How I know what runtime version is used to compile that project? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hai, I have a doubt.... How can manage the script execution ?.  that is... In a button click have lot of line and prepairing a datawindow from various tables and conditions. After that I want to open a window (window type = popup) and doing some ...
Hi, we are currently facing an issue in the systems of one of our clients in which printing pdf documents, out of our application, consumes round about 5MB Memory per Print and doesnt free it. Since our application is still 32-Bit and our customer ...
Dear, I need to pass the SAP Business One SDK applications, from DI-API to SAP ServiceLayer HANA, someone has worked with that from PowerBuilder   Español: Estimados , requiero pasar las aplicaciones de SAP Business ONE SDK , desde DI-API a SAP Se...
Hi all, Hope you all are good. I have a issue with trial license activation of Powerserver 2019. Kindly help me to activate the trial license. i am attaching the screen shorts for your reference.   pic-1 Powerbuilder login        pic-2 AE...
    I'm a developer who work for a pharmacy wholesale and retail company in China,I use powerbuilder for 10 years majoritily, I even improving powerbuilder which using VC++ consumed the C++ libraries from github.com, implementation of Json http calli...
Good day.  We are running Powerbuilder 11.5 and are reviewing all of our applications for the Log4j issue.  Can anyone confirm that the best course of action is to just remove the files manually for this older version too.  I realize this version is ...
Hi everyone. We want to generate some reports (not from a datawindow). We can generate the information we need to an html file. Then we want to create a pdf from that html. It works fine, but it adds some information on the header and the footer, as...
Now that Appeon has allowed us to switch the runtimes during execution I am assuming the compiled PBD's and EXE have no dependency on the PB runtimes used during execution?  In other words - I have compiled the PBD's and EXE using runtime 2670.  I th...
Hi all, This is probably a rookie question, but I can't seem to re-set a variable-length array...  Here's what I'm doing: for ll_ThisRow = 1 to ll_RowCount   li_doc = 1   ... other stuff ...   istr_documents[li_doc] = ls_filename   li_doc++   // I...
PB 2019 R3 My Project is open in painter. Deploy Project is selected. A Tips popup appears (see attachment). How do I eliminate the popup? Thanks, Stan Z....
I compiled a Powerbuilder runtime MSI successfully with Powerbuilder 2019. I later upgraded to Powerbuilder 2021 and I am attempting to compile a runtime MSI. I get the following error: These are my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated:...
We have compiled out application to Powerserver and it works (mostly), but  after starting App from webbrowser (or shortcut) it times out - or fails (see errors below). Motly I get the first error, but sometimes the second. Any ideas ? I have trie...

There are no discussions available here currently