Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Converted a PB 12.5 application to PB 2021 build 1506. Conversion went fine. The program can be started with the IDE. The exe that is created does not start. When the exe is started with /pbdebug the last lines in the file are:   Executing object...
PowerBuilder 2019R3Windows 10, 64 bit platformWe have 4 licenses, with one assigned to me and one to my supervisor. Two licenses are unassigned.I want to be able to open PB2019R3 on two separate VMs at the same time, so I thought I'd assign one of th...
Hi, we are using the WebBrowser control in PB2019R3 to view PDF files.  Some of our users have asked whether they can choose where to save the file when they click the download button. I can't find a way to do that. I know I can set a download locati...
Good afternoon !   Is it possible to be on PB19, save the syntax of a Datawindows in PB6 version ?  How am I supposed to do it?   // PB19  sSyntax = l_dwn.Describe ( "Datawindow.Syntax" )   Grateful !...
Hi. After serveral months working with PB 2019 now I cannot open it. When I try to start it I get an error message (attachment). It is a Windows message indicating that there has been a problem, that PB 2019 gave up working, and that Windows would c...
Hi, Currently in PB2019R2, we are looking to migrate to the latest PB2021 build. We have several .NET Web Service (SOAP) initially developed in PB12. We know that they are no more supported, but we don't have the time and the knowledge to migrate ...
HI, migrated from PB2019R2 to R3 (with theme PB) we noticed that Windows are visible before open event ends, it doesn't seem to be the case in previous versions. So we see, the resize, the centering of the window More annoying, in reports where t...
I've tried the example titled "PFC Resize without PFC" by Kevin Ridley (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerbuilder/268-pfc-resize-without-pfc#409) and it works fine for window controls, but I've tried to get resizing to work on ...
Hello, Controller/Service scaffolding in SnapDevelop API generates HttpPost method that can also be used for HttpPut, i.e. for updating only one row of a given model (which is a must for non-PB REST client): // Controller[HttpPut]public async Task&...
Hi, in order to get rid off Ghostscript, we're using NativePDF to save datawindow as PDF. We just migrate from PB2019R2 to PB2019R3, and it seems that the PDF generated are not the same size anymore. It's like the margin are bigger and also a larg...
Hello, using PB 2019 R3 2703, Windows 10 64 in my application I must make use of the LongLong datatype. Unfortunately I noticed calculation errors on doing a integer division with this datatype. Here is the code: longLong x, y x = 7129750713734...
Hi, We have an issue with the Save As function in our application. When the user tries to save a reports as Excel 5 or Excel 8, it can take 4 or 5 minutes to save the report. What could be causing this issue? We are using PB 2017 R3 Build 1858, SQL...
I have created and deployed my PowerServer project and it works without problems. Then I try to create a package to deploy to another server. However, at the very end of this process, I get the following error: Failed to create compressed package 'C...
Hi, For our product development we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and soon planning to migrate to PB2019 R3 for an upcoming release. However the older versions of our product will continue to use PB2017R3. We have been using VSS as SCM tool for cou...
Hello, I would like to know what font does Powerbuilder use in its traditional menu. I switched to contemporary and the fonts changed. I would like to use the old ones....
Hello every one, our security team disable SMB protocol version 1 and version 2 and allow version 3.3 now i can not deploy web services from power builder is that normal? does power builder does not support the recent version of this protocol ? i...
Hello Folks, I am trying to call a REST webservice from my PowerBuilder 2021 application. I have been provided with a URL and a userid/password to authenticate. I am following our friend Bruce's REST tutorial. I created an external DW with one colum...
Hello, I applied a custom theme to my application which is running fine on development runtime mode. But when I full build my application I can see the theme applied but the behavior of other windows or datawindows is problematic. The are not resizin...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 Build 2703 When we create new event, event name displays ue_new () returns (none) If event name contains 'returns' in its name, event name just displays without the return data type. Have anyone noticed this?   Any issues?  ...
Hello, If you place a text object in your datawindow, like this: And then place another text object on top of it so that it completely covers it, like this: And then save the datawindow as PDF using the NativePDF method, the resulting PDF file...

There are no discussions available here currently