Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I am using PB2019R3 consuming with an API that returns a PDF in Blob. I use HttpClient supports Blob response, checking the size of the file I use Len and it is correct. My problem is how to convert or decode the Blob to PDF to save on local mach...
Hi all, I'm upgrading to PB 2021 and the latest version of PFC.  Trying to upgrade some of my application windows, object, etc. to make better use of the PFC.  Does anyone know what the difference is between pfc_w_master and pfc_w_sheet? Thank you,...
Hello, We have recently upgraded our powerbuilder app to PB2019 and upgraded out PFC libraries to PFC2019. One change in the PFC libraries is hindering our ability to print when using File\Print from the menu bar. With the upgrade to PFC2019 the pfc...
Hi. We're currently developing a service for fetching realtime currency from a online broker. The result is a JSON, like this: [ { "symbol": "USD/NOK", "timestamp": "2022-03-22T06:58:35.690285Z", "rate": 1.566015 }, { "symbol": "SEK/NOK", "timesta...
Hi all I came across a script at work and am a bit confused by how the data type of Decimal works. Here is what I understand - If a variable, say ldec_test, is declared as Decimal (7, 2), it would have a value like 12345.67 (for example).  Is that...
what is the timeout setting of the http client?  and is it different for powerbuilder vs powerserver (2020)? windows api has 4 timeout setttings: BOOL WinHttpSetTimeouts( int nResolveTimeout, int nConnectTimeout,  int nSendTimeout, int nReceiveTime...
Hi All, All on a sudden my powerbuilder became very slow for development. Since yesterday it worked fine on my same workstation. I am using powebuilder 2017 R3 build #1858 on windows 10. The CPU usage is more than 35% and I have to wait for a long t...
I hope someone can help I need to store the return from my GET statement into a database table This is the format of the return, what method would you recommend. I am currently using 2019 but can easily move to 2021 if the new features help. regar...
Hi Friends, I'm migrating to PB 2021, and the most recent PFC.  My old PFC files are over 20 years old!  We have several windows that use something like "home made" split bar in conjunction with the linking service.  We had written code to do our ow...
Hi team,   we are using powerbuilder 2019R3 version and we are migrating from sybase to mssql.  In which after connecting to sql server we did add sql server in db profile. ;Autocommit defaults to false if no entry here - can be overridden in use...
Hello I want to show the version of my application in About box. Is there a more "PB-way" how to read these values from a project than C# FileVersionInfo.FileVersion()? I mean an environment variable, contextinformation etc. ...
This is a two parter. Part 1: If NativePDF is the default at the application or DataWindow level, will choosing PDF from the SaveAs function use NativePDF or Ghostscript? If not, I think it should. Part 2: I think that a bunch of the choices on t...
Dear Support Team, I have created the PSR report in Info Maker. PSR file having the Column, Text, Image, etc. controls. I have linked the database field name for the Column controls. Now I have created the Sample Application in Power Builder in whi...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to make PDF files generated by the datawindow SaveAs() method smaller. The following are the settings I'm using: idw_to_save.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.UsePrintSpec = 'Yes' idw_to_save.Object....
powerServer 2020   I can send a commandline to start a process in my powerserver application:    something like this: https://mywebserver.com/?/U myuuser /P mypwrd /R exportfile {"rptl_cd":"xyz","format":"CSV","file":"c:\temp\myfile[MMDDhhmmssss0...
I wonder if it is possible to use <RuntimePath>   in  <application>.xml    to put the pbd's in a different folder? Does the application have ability to look elsewhere for pbd's without using OS PATH? Companies are becoming strickter on ...
How do you copy texts from multiple columns in Excel to a datawindow with multiple columns?...
Using Git hosted by DevOps. PowerBuilder 2021 There are no *.PBG files present, of course. From the command line... orcascr210.exe XxXxxx21_Build_Script_PRODUCTION_v04.orca ...there are no explicit errors displayed in the console. However, the ...
Hi I've currently got a PB application which already has GIT setup locally for it. I've created an Azure DevOps repo to host the master and configured the PB application with the source control options on the workspace. My Git commit to master and...
I am maintaining an application in Powerbuilder 2021. The application previously constructed a script that was sent to the report server via IE to retrieve a report in pdf format. IE would prompt the user to either save or open the pdf file. We are g...

There are no discussions available here currently