Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have 4 DropDownDatawindow (dddw) in a screen, all retrieved and shared using ShareData () in a single/same datawindow object . Out of 4 the 3 DropDownDatawindow works as expected but for the account datawindow the data are not getting display. But ...
Hi, I have an application in android 10 and when I need to send a mail with an attach works great, but I have the same application in android 11 and when i want to send a mail with an attach there is an error because gmail application have not access...
Good morning,We are currently using PB2017 R3 (upgrading in 2 months to PB21) and we are having an issue with all URLs defaulting to IE. We are using Windows 10 and I have Edge set as my default. If I click a link within MS Teams, it opens in Edge. I...
I have a radio button column in a DW with 3 options. I'd like to add a tooltip that explained each option as you hovered over it, but as far as I can tell there is only one tooltip for the entire column. Explaining all 3 options in one tooltip would ...
Can I download and install PB 2021 without it affecting my PB 2019 installation? My license renews in May... does my license let me run both versions?  I have several customers using the most recent app built with PB 2019 R3 and release last Septembe...
We are currently trying to convert all of our code from Sybase to SQL Server database (v19) using MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server database driver v18.5   Our latest critical issue is a datawindow update that is returning a -3 from a datawindow update. We tr...
UPDATE:     FYI:  This works:boolean        lb_validstring           ls_columnlb_valid = IsNull (adw_object) IF (NOT (lb_valid)) THEN RETURN                    // <--- the lb_valid value is FALSE at this point, as it should be.lb_valid = IsValid (...
I am following the PB Tutortials for PB 2017. I am having a problem running the applications cause it does not have the database for the examples. I do not want to use the SQL Anywhere and would like to get the scripts to create the tables and suppor...
Hello, PowerServer deployed application not able to find DataWindow objects and displaying below error.  Window objects and User Objects are loading fine.  Please let me know how to fix this issue.  Thanks.  Files are present under below folder ...
Hello, Need to get the IP address, assigned by ISP, from an PB application.   Is it possible?   If I go to myip.com, there we will get the IP address assigned by the ISP.  Need to get the same from an PB application.  How to get it? Happiness Alwa...
SQL Developer can connect successfully but there's an issue in PowerBuilder database profile setup - Oracle 10g when I tried to connect. Appreciate any advise on how to resolve the Oracle error ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred?  tnsnames.ora...
Hello,     We had a older version of PB code , Recently we compiled the code in  Appeon version 2019 R3 and deployed the newer version to the production servers.      we are facing very poor performance with our scanning process. Its takes approxim...
We have a PB classic application migrating to PS (latest PB etc.), connecting to Oracle 19 database.  When the application runs in PS it is not encapsulating multiple SQL statements in a transaction, almost as though a commit is issued between each s...
Hi, After migrating from PB 2017 to PB 2021, setup been created and deployed to clean VM, but, nothing works... It seems, via process explorer, that PB run time, from folder 'Runtime 21.0.0.1506', under the application folder is not loaded. Few ob...
I am working in Powerbuilder 2021. Can someone point me to documentation for making a menu appear when right clicking a datawindow?...
Hi, we trying to run pbautobuild on our azure devops pipeline. The problem is we can't configure the runtime in pbautobuild and neither can we install the runtime with the installer.  How can we specify the runtime path in pbautobuild. thx, André ...
Challenge we have The DB Connections are pooled by IIS, Oracle 19c as BACKEND and we would not able to capture the OS USER ID for Auditing the actions. Audit of user actions are captured using bcakend triggers and user name is used as "OS USER", si...
i CAN´T ACTIVATE POWER SERVER IN LOCALHOST/AEM/ I GOT THIS MESSAGE Failed to log in. Please make sure a valid online license is assigned to the account. Error code: 1009, error message: Cannot find a valid license. i UPGRADE MY LICENSE FROM PROFES...
How can we suppress the "Upgrade App" response window on the client as PowerClient-deployed applications are upgraded to the next version? We wish for the User to not be able to bypass upgrading the app to the next version once that next version is ...
We have a client chart report that nest many datawindows (chart data) inside a driver datawindow (each row is a new client) and the client header band is not printing on each page.  The nested reports will span multiple pages sometimes.  Is there any...

There are no discussions available here currently