Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I everybody, I tried using themes in my application and facing a problem. I use response windows for that I make resizing possible with some calls of external funktions to windows DLLs (user32.dll). This is working well without themes. But when usi...
We have moved to PowerBuilder 2021 in our dev environment and deploy our application by using InstallShield. The following code now generates an error in the deployed application. pbdom_document    pbdom_doc pbdom_builder  pbdom_bldr pbdom_bldr ...
Having trouble with appsettings.json file, can someone send a sample...
Hello, So we migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 and the previous version called a .Net Dll 4.52 framework. I followed all the instructions to import to a NVO that calls the dll and set the assembly to a direct path that everyone has as well as the one th...
Can anyone help with this: I've got a PB application and on a window there is a classic header/detail layout with two datawindows.  You can update details in header and detail and when you save the data is updated using DW Update() function. This a...
Hi,     We have a code where we are passing the data window in ue_broadcast event to get call in different tab page associated within that window to share the dw b/w main dw and datastore.  This is working fine in PB 2019 R3 Build 2703 but after we ...
Enhancement Request   HorizontalScrollSplit result in a very unsightly vertical line separating the datawindow into two parts. Can this be improved upon?...
I am a consultant and PB 19 has been installed on a server but I dont see the usual PB examples application. I see no workspace or target files at all. How can I get the examples application?...
*** Can any of the with/without service versions of the CloudAppLauncher_Installer.MSI be enhanced to allow us to designate an alternate location to the  Users’ AppData location that will work for all Users with which we can configure in advance in...
QUESTION TO ENGINEERING... When the CAL needs to be upgraded to the next runtime build of PowerBuilder, does it look to see where it's installed on the Client workstation by 1) using the Registry to determine the Users' AppData location, OR HOPEF...
Hello, all We have a serious issue. There is a complicated user object, inherited from OLE control, which is used by multiple applications. We set it up in a separate PBL and compiled it separately. Library lists of the main desktop applications ...
Hi Community,   As per https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb2019-r2-build-2328-default-printer-setting-issue, there is a problem where the initial selected printer would be set to the "last printer in the printer list".I tri...
I want take out the scrollbars which are on the picture. I'm using the Powerbuilder-Graph-Example to reproduce it on my app. ...
We have an application we're trying to move from PB 2019 R2 Build 2353 to PB 2021 Build 1506. At the same time, we're also looking to distribute the application using PowerClient. The initial testing looks promising apart from not being able to conne...
I am trying to use the Windows API GetMonitorInfo but my returned structure seems to always be NULL.  I followed this  ( https://rgagnon.com/pbdetails/powerbuilder-display-on-the-second-monitor.html ) as my starting point but it is not working.  The ...
Howdy All, We are currently on PB 2019 R3, and noticed when running in Windows 11 that the scrollbar on dropdown datawindows is translucent and causes text to show behind it. This makes it look somewhat odd, and outside of hiding the dropdown arrow ...
una vez instalado PowerBuilder 2021, al iniciarlo no se actualiza el RunTime: presenta el Runtime 19.2.0.2703, no toma el Runtime 21.0.0.1506, a que se debe por favor y que debo hacer para solucionarlo, ya que en el project no presenta el objecto Po...
I have a client who is moving forward with a conversion to PowerServer 2021 from PB 2017.  Client is up and running with a test version but has a few things to resolve before they can make a final decision.  The most important is they have many table...
Hi all. I am having a problem when importing an XML to a DW, because I don't know how to make the template for the following case: The template: The problem is the repeated tags(derived, code y property).  I have found a solution to the probl...
My thoughts are with the staff of Desta and all the brave people of the Ukraine ...

There are no discussions available here currently