Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello , PB 2021.1288 I have window with two dw and 4 picture buttons . What I would like to do is , that when DW is resized the picture button has to be moved at the same distance from dw as it was before it has to be always at leftdown corner of ...
Dear Team, I want to send one file along with voucher number through PB via WEB API. API giving correct result when I am sending though postman. But now I confused How I can through PB.   Restful API I am trying, I want to send PDF file Thanks...
PRODUCTION ISSUE :   We have recently compiled our old PB code to 2019 R  and pushed the latest code to production.    Now our data windows is no longer have update capabilities and we are getting an error whenever the dw.update() statement is gett...
I have a PowerBuilder 19 app I inherited that is producing primary key violations in the Oracle 19 DB. I have tried -  1. Step debug but the structure of the application is so convoluted that it is incredibly tedious to step through from the start. ...
I am getting a datawindow error when retrieving a datawindow that is part of a tab page on a window.  See attached image to view the error.  The database is SQL Server and the application has been been deployed to PowerServer 2021.  The datawindow ha...
Hi,  We have a pop up menu link from existing window to open another window. Since we upgrade to PB 2019, when we try to open the window from that link, the new window opened is not on top of existing window. It's at the bottom of existing window. T...
Dear All,  Currently I am using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 to write application. This application includes a lot of business logics and datawindows to generate reports. Is it possible to convert PB coding into DLL?    Best Regards, Alvin  ...
Hi all, I've always had to install a few dll's to get the runtime to work... and still do it out of a 20-year habit! ATL100.dllMSVCP100.dllMSVCR100.dll I'm wondering if those dll files are needed? I'm developing with PB 2019 R3 Build 2728.  I used...
Hi Guru I'm doing the various tutorials on the site, but I don't use SQLServer. Can you pass me the structure of the tables so that I can insert them in oracle and / or in PostgreSQL?   Thank you...
Hi, this is my situation: I have a PB app that I'm trying to deploy to remote cloud server.  The server is only available through DNS record which is re-routed so it only responds to https.  I compile and package the application and APIs and ship the...
Dear appeon,   How to create Google Map Api in Powerserver 2019 , because right now Google Map API cant use in IE , i create use webbrowser control this object not support in appeon, can you make solution for me. Thank Your for your attention...
Hi Friends, Today, I was doing something that I have done a dozen times... I added a new target to my workspace and created a new target using an existing application.  Made all the changes needed and saved.  When I compiled, I got multiple errors. ...
I upgraded our current PB application to version 2019. The application is used to create PB reports. All the criteria of reports are saved to Sybase tables. After upgrading to the version 2019, I tried to open our reports , none of  report is loaded ...
Hi, I am using Fileexists function to locate that whether the given file exists or not. I am using the below code : String ls_path  Boolean lb_exists ls_path = 'abc.txt' lb_exists = Fileexists(ls_path)  Question : In my case, it giving true in...
Hi I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a comprehensive How-To?  I'm trying to deploy a PB application to PowerServer/IIS, but the server is cloud based and heavily secured.  I have gone through the Appeon tutorials for "Deploying...
Thank you for your hard work.There is a calling part on the homepage that runs iwa app.It's been going well, but IWA app has been running since a few days ago, with the pop-up shown in the picture below. A pop-up appears, but the IWA app runs success...
Hello, hoping I can get some assistance on this problem I'm having with a PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 application currently in use by my company. The back end is sql server 2016 and all is working well, up until I've had to move to a new testing ...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering how everyone uses version numbers in their current applications?  I'm not too far off deploying our first production PowerClient application and thought I would revisit how I version my applications.  Currently I have insta...
I have the same problem as described in https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/cannot-connect-to-the-repository , that is I can't connect to my repository specified in the Workspace Source Control Properties for Git. I get the same 2 error me...
Hello,   We're doing tests of our PowerClient with an FTP as the server and we have seen that we can create differents instances of our application by changing the name of the App.  I have different clients and perhaps some needs to download other...

There are no discussions available here currently