Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, we are having a problem with the powerbuilder webservice, where it cannot access the registry functions(registryget, registrykeys)   print: vls_aux = -1...
We want to use the WebBrowser control in PB2021 to load HTML files and save them as PDF. We have working code, but it is adding a header and footer to the page. We need to not have those! Is there a way to force that? Maybe some JavaScript? I have ...
Printsetup functionality does not work as expected on PB2019 R3. The Print Setup window opens but the printers are not displayed even if the printer is installed on the machine. Please find attached screen shots for reference. Could you please pro...
I'm seeing different behavior between two versions of our application. It just so happens that we changed versions of PowerBuilder from the first version to the second, so the behavior difference could be caused by a code change of ours, or some chan...
We have just upgraded our applications from PB10 to PB2019R3 and was successfully able to get them loaded into Azure DevOps for source control.  Now we are running into issues when we need to make a change to the applications.  We only have 2 PB deve...
hello we have an application that is accessed via citrix we are upgrading our database servers to Microsoft sql 2019 from 2012 apologies I am definitely NOT a database connection expert    historically our application INI file for connection wo...
Hi.   Is it possible to share connection between programs? Example. First app developed with PB connects to a database. Second app uses the first connection to comunicates with database.   Thanks....
We have a complex (400 item) menu built in PB 2017. This menu is also viewable as a tree view. I am trying to convert the menu to a ribbonbar.   The security code for the menu looks hierarchically through the menu at the tag of each menu item and ...
I am using PB2017 R3 to create web service. I tried to use the Base64Encode in CoderObject:     CoderObject lnv_CoderObject    lnv_CoderObject = Create CoderObject     ls_Base64Str = lnv_CoderObject.Base64Encode(lblb_data) There was no error when ...
Hello.   We have an issue with DW in some machines. In our project, the is a DW_1.SAVEAS(). it will generate a pdf file, but the issue is that this dosent work in some machines, and in other ones, it those generate. Dw.object.dataexport.method is ...
I'm considering testing the new WebBrowser control to see whether it can be used to invisibly load HTML files then save them as PDF. The idea would be to load the HTML into an invisible WebBrowser with Navigate(), then when that is complete, print th...
Hi All, How I can check encoded string is correct, which is converted blob data using Base64. We are uploading encoded (using base64 Encoding) Blob data to "Docuware", some time it is not accessible from "Docuware", so before uploading, want to dou...
I'm doing some testing of the built in GIT with PB 2021. I ran the Add to Source Control on the workspace and it created the ws_objects folder with sub folders for each library. The target files (*.pbt) are not in ws_objects even though they show w...
We have a PB application that uses Imagemagick to join one or more tif files into one tif file. We use Ole to connect to imagemagick. Sometimes this process of joining one or more tiff files takes a long long time. Our database or the firewall is set...
Hi Team,   While deploying application over Web (PowerServer Configuration toolkit), I selected all necessary DLLs in Deploy .Net/ DLL components section. When I run application in Browser getting 20021 - Loading DLL failed.  We have below v...
Hi, is there any way to handle JSON with more than 20 MB?  We want to create a Webservice in SnapDevelop, that sends or retrieves E-Mails. Our application sends the data to the Webservice and the Webservice sends the E-Mail or the retrieves them. T...
Hi all,   I am currently receiving this message on the Powerbuilder IDE when looking at a Rich Text Edit control.   I am pretty sure I need to place the pbtxttext.dll somewhere, but not sure where. If anyone has encounter this issue please let ...
Hello All, I am a .Net c# developer who took over a PowerBuilder application. I have been doing some of the tutorials and had a question about the SQL connection part. In going through the tutorial for PB (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019/getting_sta...
Dear all,   I am having a problem with setting a columns status to NotModiefied!, look here dw_list.SetItem(ll_row, "workitemstatus", 'Y')ldws_status = dw_list.getItemStatus(ll_row, 'workitemstatus', Primary! ) -->> now it is dataModified!ll...
We use the following code to be able to get a reference to the TX Text Control ActiveX 15: uLong iul_hWin//, iul_hWin2 iul_hWin = Handle ( rte_note) iul_hWin = FindWindowEx ( iul_hWin, 0, "PBTxTextControl", 0 ) iul_hWin = FindWindowEx ( iul_hWin, ...

There are no discussions available here currently