Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear all,   I am having a problem with setting a columns status to NotModiefied!, look here dw_list.SetItem(ll_row, "workitemstatus", 'Y')ldws_status = dw_list.getItemStatus(ll_row, 'workitemstatus', Primary! ) -->> now it is dataModified!ll...
We use the following code to be able to get a reference to the TX Text Control ActiveX 15: uLong iul_hWin//, iul_hWin2 iul_hWin = Handle ( rte_note) iul_hWin = FindWindowEx ( iul_hWin, 0, "PBTxTextControl", 0 ) iul_hWin = FindWindowEx ( iul_hWin, ...
Hello :)I have a table, which contains relations between, let's call them "symbols". Looks like this:I want to prevent user from saving data when inputs 2 records like marked on the screen (symbol => symbol_to, and in another symbol_to => symbo...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 Trying to convert a print option datawindow into a Ribbonbar menu item.   Users will select the Printer, set paper size, set Margins etc.   Now to set1.  Printer ->  Combo Box option is available2.  Paper Size -> Combo Box O...
I'm having a strange issue with composite DataWindows in my PB app. When I deploy it to a remote (client) server, these DataWindows look fine (see attached screenshots). But when running the app locally, my composite DataWindow are cut off on the rig...
We have a PS2021 that works great on localhost, so we tried deploying it to a Win2019 / IIS server.  Initially the client deployment went great and we got the launcher and it downloaded a shortcut to the desktop, but it didn't work because the Server...
Hi Team, My Application Caching the Master records at the time of User login, So it causes the Application slowness at the time of Login, To over come this latency issue, I have decided to do Multithreading, but i didn't work before in multithreadin...
Hi. I have a question about powerclient & powerserver deployment. It’s about the option: "Download the app files as necessary". For powerclient, I guess that this mean that when the application starts it won’t download all files (the splitted pb...
Hello fellows, Are there tools to provide code protection, obfuscation and software system licensing for applications genertated in Powerbuilder (powerscript)?. Thanks....
PBAutoBuild210 whit GIT   15:56:47 [Error] The PBG file does not exist. I'm compiling and this message appears. I would like to compile without the need to use PBG files    ...
I recently purchased an InfoMaker 2021 license. I only purchased one license, since I am the one that writes all the reports. I did not get a PowerBuilder license. Is there any way an unlicensed user can run the executables I created?  Thank you in ...
  I have a block of code that fails in one instance, but not in another instance ... It's the exact same piece of code. My non-version controlled runs without issue. My version controlled issue fails. ( significantly longer path to this file )  ...
Currently our app makes web calls using the Windows OLE object "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1". I am looking into possible changing to HttpClient. We are using the SetClientCertificate method which I don't see in PowerBuilder HttpClient. RestClient do...
Hi all, I currently have some projects builded on TeamCity using autobuild and in latest PBAutobuild version everything works, but I have one question. We have our sourcecode in GtiHub repos, there is GitVersion utility which can generate version n...
Hi, Regarding the best practice automation build on PB 2021 (using PBautobild) , until 2021 the build process went like this: Get latest version (TFVC) - to the PBLs Import  source code (srd, srw, ...) compile   Does PB 2021 allow to skip the i...
Hi guys, !'m calling a rest API from PB, but instead or returning a JSON, this API returns a PNG (QRCode, to be specific). When I use the code: restClient.sendGetRequest(as_url, as_jsonRet) the as_jsonRet gets the content "PNG".  How should I p...
  There are no error messages...
Hi    I have a .net assembly that i am trying to import into a powerbuilder 2019 R3 app. some classes fail. The advise is to create a .net wrapper before importing. I dont know how to do create a .net wrapper.  Can you please help with a sample o...
Hi,  I m working with PB2017 R3 and PB2019R3 and TFS.  My trouble is about the checkin checkout I have all the time the error "Paramètre non valide" during a check in. I must close PB and after i open PB and then i can do the check in.  If i try...
Ladies and gentlemen,   we bought the Infomaker from you at the end of last year. My colleague Armin Forke installed the Infomaker for us.   However, there is still a problem: When the layout editor is opened, the following window opens.     C...

There are no discussions available here currently