Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Greetings We are currently migrating from PB2017 to PB2021 and we have a software in production with multiple clients that stood with us for several years, it is critical to keep the library coolmenu.dll until we get enough time to refactorize it to...
Hi, Does anyone know what this "ShareData" is for on the Data tab of a dw? Is it just an indicator to programmers that this dw shares data with another? Not much happens when you click on it, except for toggling the check on the contextual menu ......
I am new to PowerServer and trying to get my test environment setup.  I have watched the video from Elevate and tried to follow along, but there is a step I am missing somewhere.  I have setup a new internal IIS server for the test.  Added an FTP sit...
Hi    I haver an application compiled with an earlier version of the 2019 runtime ide. I upgraded my PB version to 2728 when i open the app  i get the message "The version you used to full build the target :LabelLibrary" is different from the curre...
Bonjour, j'ai plusieurs applications en Powerbuilder 2017 R3. Parmi ces applications, j'ai une seule qui se freeze de façon aléatoire et de façon intempestive.  J'ai remarqué que cela se prodduisait lorsque la température du processeur est supérie...
Hello Fellow PB People, Powerbuiler 2019 R2 Here's one I have not run into yet. When utilizing SaveAs() with a valid filename in the parameters, it will not allow the popup, but automagically saves to the current directory. To assist the users, I...
El problema es que el modelo crea el parametro del Datawindow con un tipo de dato distinto al que esta en el Datawindow, o en la tabla o en store procedure y esto genera el error: " Select Error: The Byte type is not compatible with the data type of...
Hi, We have a legacy PB 2021 application where a number of character DataWindow columns have a display format of [general] - note the lower case g. In the column properties of the DW painter, if I click on the arrow to select a new display format I...
Hi, Is there an option to download a file (e.g. PDF) to a mobile device from the URL (without use of the Appeon File Server on the PowerServer)? At the moment our Appeon Mobile App is showing files from various servers/URLs inside the eon_mobile_we...
I just got a report from a user who is using our PB 2021 application that prints from DW reports in the application to their Konica Minolta C552 commercial copier/printer don't work: they say it prints "an endless number of almost blank pages - each ...
Powerbuilder 2019 R3. My users have just this week begun to report an inability to print from the deployed Powerbuilder app to the Adobe PDF printer. I have verified the same on my end. The Adobe PDF printer *does* work from other applications, howe...
Hello, we are having a problem with the powerbuilder webservice, where it cannot access the registry functions(registryget, registrykeys)   print: vls_aux = -1...
We want to use the WebBrowser control in PB2021 to load HTML files and save them as PDF. We have working code, but it is adding a header and footer to the page. We need to not have those! Is there a way to force that? Maybe some JavaScript? I have ...
Printsetup functionality does not work as expected on PB2019 R3. The Print Setup window opens but the printers are not displayed even if the printer is installed on the machine. Please find attached screen shots for reference. Could you please pro...
I'm seeing different behavior between two versions of our application. It just so happens that we changed versions of PowerBuilder from the first version to the second, so the behavior difference could be caused by a code change of ours, or some chan...
We have just upgraded our applications from PB10 to PB2019R3 and was successfully able to get them loaded into Azure DevOps for source control.  Now we are running into issues when we need to make a change to the applications.  We only have 2 PB deve...
hello we have an application that is accessed via citrix we are upgrading our database servers to Microsoft sql 2019 from 2012 apologies I am definitely NOT a database connection expert    historically our application INI file for connection wo...
Hi.   Is it possible to share connection between programs? Example. First app developed with PB connects to a database. Second app uses the first connection to comunicates with database.   Thanks....
We have a complex (400 item) menu built in PB 2017. This menu is also viewable as a tree view. I am trying to convert the menu to a ribbonbar.   The security code for the menu looks hierarchically through the menu at the tag of each menu item and ...
I am using PB2017 R3 to create web service. I tried to use the Base64Encode in CoderObject:     CoderObject lnv_CoderObject    lnv_CoderObject = Create CoderObject     ls_Base64Str = lnv_CoderObject.Base64Encode(lblb_data) There was no error when ...

There are no discussions available here currently