1. Sathishkumar S
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 6 January 2023 18:29 PM UTC

Hi All,

I am upgrading PB2019 to PB2022 whereas I am having an issue with PFC Resize.

I found a document which says there are runtime differences in width/height of objects in runtime. Please refer to the below screenshot.

Now how can I incorporate the below changes into PFC Resize like adding additional height or width for the objects.

Please refer to the below screenshot, comparison PB2019 vs PB2022.
In PB2019 it looks fine and in PB2022 the text box goes over the height of the window.

Kindly Advise how to make changes in the PFC Resize to resolve the above issue.

Thanks & Regards
Sathishkumar.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 10 January 2023 15:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Sathishkumar;

FYI: My STD Framework had no resizing issues moving to PB2022. The key here (I believe) and why the old resizing code works in my framework is that it only performs the resizing on a POST Open event. You can (and should) not trust the Open Event as the Window class has not fully completed it's instantiation processing. This is particularly noticeable in PB 2022 as it's written in Visual C++ 2019 vs C++ 2010 in earlier PB versions. I have encountered many variations of these type of changes across the many PB versions of PB (since 2.0). That is why I always recommend never using the Open or Constructor events for PowerScript coding. Only use POSTed Open & Constructor events for your PB App's actual use.

Food for thought.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 January 2023 22:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Sathishkumar;

Did you download & update the 2022 PFC libraries to match the PB IDE's 2022 version?

FYI: https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Sathishkumar S
  2. Monday, 9 January 2023 18:52 PM UTC
Hi Chris Pollach,

I have downloaded the latest PFC and tried to replace the existing PFC's but facing issue with it, Since I am not clear about the steps how to replace latest PFC's.

If you can suggest any help document to how to approach/do PFC upgrade/migrate to latest version.

Thank you.
  1. Helpful
Jim Reese Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 January 2023 20:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

FYI, I was looking at a similar issue today, and found the help page you were looking at has been updated a bit. Search engines are still pointing to the older page that you pasted, but here is the current link to the updated information:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb/upgrading_pb_apps/ch04s02s02.html

I don't have an answer for you, but thought you might want to see the more detailed information.

Comment
  1. Sathishkumar S
  2. Monday, 9 January 2023 18:48 PM UTC
Hi Jim Reese,

Thank you, I have got the difference of width and height from the article and added it in the resize event.

It resolves the issue.

Thank you.
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.