Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, Appeon Team This question is related my another question.https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/about-powersever-system-requirements An infrastructure engineer at my company has this question. If Azure VMware Solution will be used by m...
Hi    We recently migrated our inhouse application to PB2021 all work good we connect to an inhouse sqlserver and all is good. We are looking to move our data base to the cloud Using Azure SQL managed instance. the server name is as 200sqlmi01.xxx...
Hi guys;   Is there any way to use scanners to digitize documents using Power Builder 2019 R3?. What type of objects or controls we need to use?. Exists own objects or librarys to do that?   Thanks and regards....
PB 2019 R3 I don't know if this is possible but I am trying to get the width and height of a UserObject as it was designed (in the PBL). When creating a window we insert multipe UserObjects as TabPages and I need them all to size to the tab. When th...
This is my first time trying to use Regular Expression in the datawindows Validation Expression and Message.  I got help with the Expression , thank you. In my compiled app if I break the rule, I get the pop up with the message.  When I click OK, ...
想请问下,下面这样带打开多个窗口的带 X  的功能怎样做的,pb2022 , 有例子吗和说明文档,谢谢 ...
...without using the Microsoft Interop Forms Toolkit. What we do until now: We use the .NET Framework 4.8.1 to write class libraries in C# and expose them to COM using the Interop Forms Toolkit. We call the COM-Server from PowerBuilder 2021. This wo...
Hello. I'm Choi Kyungil from Penta System Technology.   I've got a question of deploying powerbuiler apps. I got a white paper named 'Whitepaper_Deploying_PowerBuilder_Apps_to_the_Cloud.pdf' from https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022/Architecture.html. A...
Hi all, Another strange one.  I've got a window with a dw on it, inherited from PFC u_dw. I've got code for the dw that has 3 user events.  ue_cut_rows, ue_copy_rows, ue_paste_rows. I can cut/copy rows, then paste rows, works fine.  But, when I sav...
Hi all, I'm trying to share data between 2 datawindows.  The Child datawindow that I'm getting is a nested report in a DW that I use to print. They are both the same datawindow, d_print_estimate_detail. GetChild keeps returning -1.  Here's my code f...
We are trying to run a PB 2019 app in Amazon Appstream.   When loaded to the server and run in the folder it works fine...  However, when in Appstream if you use the Appstream run menu option the PB application (FODES below) starts but no images show...
Using Powerbuilder 2022 Build 1892. Does the system/computer deployed to still need the 2010 version of C++ Redistributable or what is the newest version that can be used?...
I have multiple pbl files in a folder and would like to find all reports and queries where a specific table is used so that I can change that table reference to a different table. Is there a way to do this in the InfoMaker graphical user interface as...
Hi All, I would like to know if there is any way to perform printing asynchronously. I am facing an issue where the application crashes on pbdwe.dll when the user clicks print and closes the window before the printing process completes, which is hap...
Appeon Folks, What is the best way to identify which icon folder orca is referring when giving .PBR file full path while building EXE using orcascript. Here is below script I am using.....   Start Session set debug "true" scc set...
Hello: Are there any suggestions for speeding up loading of PB 2019 R3 applications running over a VPN connection?   Thank you,   Nasim...
I may be missing something obvious but I have a DW (with some nested reports) I retrieve, set the properties dw_invoice.Object.DataWindow.Print.Paper.Size = 9 // A4 dw_invoice.Object.DataWindow.Print.Orientation = 2 // portrait When I retrieve/di...
We have PB Response Selection window that sometimes crashes with a Null Object Reference (PB17) The window has a Event which does A Retreval on the main datawindow (dw_1) using the entry in a sle User Selects a Row - presses Ok and the Default wind...
Hello, I am trying to add RibbonBar to my MDI application and following tutorial: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/pbug/Replace_an_Application_Menu_with_a_RibbonBar.html#d0e25044    I am using PB 2022 Build #1892   After changing MDI menu to empty...
Hi, I am using getfolder function to open a folder selection explorer, so that user can select the desired folder or location to save the file. It works perfectly fine in windows environment. But in the citrix hosted environment it doesn't open the ...

There are no discussions available here currently