1. Art Lenz
  2. PowerServer
  3. Tuesday, 9 May 2023 22:22 PM UTC

I have an IIS web server with a working PowerServer application on it. How do I add a second application to the same server?

The Applications.json file implies a structure for more than one application on the same server, but I don’t know the details of how to do it.

Is this possible?

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 May 2023 19:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Art,

The way I suggest to do this is...

1. On the default IIS Website (port 80) deploy the client apps. When I say client app I mean the PB .EXE portion (not the C# Web APIs).  Each client app would be in a subfolder of this default IIS Website.

2. Then create another IIS Website (must be different port than 80, for example 5099) that will hose the multiple Web APIs.  Again, just like the client app, each Web API needs to be in a distinct subfolder of this Website.  Here are instructions how to do this: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022/Deploying_multiple_Web_APIs_to_IIS.html

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 May 2023 22:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Art;

You would first create a new Website under a new root folder (ie: C:/Inetpub/PSxxxx). Then bind it to the new Port ID of your new PS instance. Then package your new PS instance from the PB IDE's "SnapDevelop" environment. From there, copy that PS deployment to the route folder of the new Website. 

Repeat the above procedure for further PS new instance App deployments.   HTH

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 May 2023 22:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi Art,

You can create a second IIS site bound to a different port, using a different physical path, and place the new Web API there. Using the same Web API for multiple applications is not recommended.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.