Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm using PowerBuilder 12.6. This problem just started happening today. I've not encountered it before (actually EVER). When I click on my database from the Database Painter then right click on the one to which I want to connect and choose...
Hi Guys, I've got a multithreading process working, but occasionally when processing several tens of thousands of rows, the application freezes.  Any idea what may be causing the freezing?  Also, I've got both the shared and callback NVOs ...
I wonder whether someone from Appeon can clarify whether Appeon staff regularly read posts on this forum and answer them as appropriate, or if the intent of the forum is primarily for peer support from users. I notice that there are a lot of recen...
hi all   I am trying to connect to Ms sql database with ADO.net driver ( the  app is  pb 2017 version , on  windows 10 , 64 bit .) I did put all the needed dll files with the exe file directory ( and  i tried with installing the msi file cre...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if the latest version of Powerbuilder supports MTOM/XOP web services? We currently connect to a third party's webservice from Powerbuilder 10.5 but they are changing their implementation from text/xml to MTOM/XOP...
I created an article named "SVN with PowerBuilder - Single User.pdf" that describes the solution to this issue; it is available in the ARTICLES section. Later - Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Summary:  I cannot seem to be able to connect...
Hi PowerSphere, I need to access cookies in my web service (running on IIS). I'm using Chris Pollachs STD WS framework - but I guess if there is a standard way to access this I could cope with that :) Regards Georgios   ...
I'm trying to use the WindowDockState = windowdockstatefloating! property, but it doesn't seem to work.  I understand it is supposed to let the user drag a MDI sheet window outside the MDI frame?  I have tried to change the window property, a...
Hi, what is the best choise emulator for mobile divices to use with Appeon mobile. What emulator do you use? Best Regards Ludwin...
We are using IBM Rational Team Concert for source control and would like some ideas on how to setup in PowerBuilder 2017. ...
Hi guys, One of our customers is asking is to integrate Active Directory for our PB application and in future if possible single sign-on. Any info available for the AD integration ? How to's ? Code ? Same for the single sign-on ? Althoug...
I installed Powerbuilder on my office pc and on my laptop. Usually I work on my office pc. But if I want to work on my laptop, every time I had to logout from Powerbuilder on my office pc. If I forgot to do that, I can't login at the laptop (M...
We just converted our databases to MS SQL 2014.   I've been using Infomaker as a database tool for over 15 years.  When I open a table, the insert, delete, and update buttons are all highlighted and work as I'm used to.   If I do a search fir...
Having encountered a significant amount of difficulty getting Appeon Web configured at all, and done the first deploy and analysis and seeing just how many parts of our existing PB code won't work - often with no suggestions for what to do about ...
hi all   I have migrated an app from 12.5 to 2017 and all works fine besides a ws which worked fine before and now i get the message : The SoapClient doesn't support .Net Proxy . I put the pb170soapclient.pbd with the rest of the pbl&...
Hello Active X controls are bitness specific.  When supporting dual bitness there are two entries in two different registry sections Placing an ActiveX on a windows form is 32 bit specific.  When deploying as 64, connecting to the control will ...
We have a PB app in 12.6 (moving to PB 2017) which is largely used by users in English However we have the need to enter some information (usually foreign language names) in native Character sets - such as Chinese, Korean, Eastern European. Usu...
Hi All, Do you have a recommendation on how to determine the width of the value of a char column?  At the moment, I use GetTextExtentPoint32A, but this slows down the retrieval, as I set a computed column in the datawindow as a flag in the retriev...
It is critical to our operation that we are able to support our French language customers. Does anyone have an ETA on when they will be available? ...
I have just installed PowerBuilder 2017 and on running it for the first time it wants me to log in in order to check the licence. However when I try to login I get 'No network connection' in red on the log in screen. My guess is this is pr...

There are no discussions available here currently