1. Aron Cox
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 29 August 2017 09:40 AM UTC

I have just installed PowerBuilder 2017 and on running it for the first time it wants me to log in in order to check the licence. However when I try to login I get 'No network connection' in red on the log in screen.

My guess is this is proxy server related. Anyone have any ideas of how to get around this?

Thanks!

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 August 2017 16:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Aaron;

This sounds like maybe a firewall, anti-virus or an Active Directory policy is blocking the IDE from internet access. I would like to suggest that you temporarily disable these (one at  time) to see which one is causing the issue. If it turns out that it might be an AD issue, you may need to try getting a higher privilege on your AD account. Once you know the culprit, you can then address the blockage permanently by making a FW or AV entry.

If the above suggestions do not work,  I would like to suggest that you open a support ticket on this issue so that our technical support team can help you further.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Aron Cox
  2. Wednesday, 30 August 2017 09:23 AM UTC
Thanks Chris. Seems like it was probably something to do with a Hyper-V virtual switch I had installed for when I was experimenting with Hyper-V a while back. It had given me issues in the past, and uninstalling Hyper-V seems to have fixed the problem.

I am in, getting confused by the new icons, but the conversion of our largest application is looking good so far :) Next step is to look at the things that have changed since PB 12.5 and how it affects us. I'm sure there's a document somewhere I can look at.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.