Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have migrated our current application which is still running in PB 10.2.1 to PB 2019 R2. We have started testing the application with new version after the migration,we are facing an issue in RTE control. We are storing the RTE content value in BL...
Hello, In the new web browser control, is there a way to set the source like there is in the MS browser? I have an OLE control that uses the MS browser for viewing HTML code and PDF files. I want to replace this with the new web control, but I don't...
Hi all,why leads the assignment "ldc_X = 25E2" to 2500 and "ldc_X = 2.5E3" to 2? This happens with decimal, double, long and real variables in all(?) PowerBuilder versions inclusive PB1900R2?Kind regards,Bernhard...
Does Powerbuilder support grpc?  grpc is a rpc framework from google.   https://grpc.io  We are considering between grpc or rest. ...
Tenemos una aplicación desarrollada en Power Builder 12.5 y corre en Win7, esta misma NO corren en Win10, es por eso que se compró la licencia de Power Builder 2019. Lap con Windows10 Versión 1709 y PB 2019 Build 2082. Se migró de PB 12.5 a PB 2019...
Hi All, Please follow me through this steps: * Inside a pbl I have a datawindow. In runtime, using LibraryExport, I export it to a string variable. * Set a name for the object and add the header.  ls_dw_name = 'd_test' ls_syntax = '$PBExportHea...
Does anyone have a direct email for Ken Howe?  We've reached out via PBDR.com regarding licensing for ProDiff but have not heard back. Not sure if he's still supporting the product (I hope so); the site's still active & I haven't heard anything to t...
Hi All, I have modified some behaviour in a custom "theme.json".  When it comes to groupboxes, this custom behaviour is working fine on windows but it doesn't seem to be working in datawindows.  Attached is my "theme.json". PB2019 R2 Build 2323 ...
Hi All, This IDE question has major ramifications in our shop. The outcome informs whether we can migrate using 2019 R2 from TFS to SVNHere's an outline of our current process 1) On our build server via TFS, we branch our trunk line into a new bran...
We are on PB 2017 LTR and looking for simple syntax to convert a simple powerbuilder array to and from Json so we can save the array values in simple Json , then reload the array directly from JSON. We never used json before and a little inexperienc...
Hi All How do I modify those unsupported Items/Features that show up in the Unsupported Feature Analysis Report that are in the PFC/PFE libraries? I have attached a screen shot of one instance where data type 'ContecInformation' in n_cst_msgs_manag...
Hi i am in the process of upgrading to PB 2019 and using MySQL, I was able to migrate my code, also created some ODBC connections on the 32 bit  Data Source Adminstrator (MySQL ODBC 8.0 unicode driver), connection was successful. But when adding th...
Hi All,               How Can I  Create Digital Signature with a Digital Certificate in PowerBuilder?             Do you have examples, documentation?  thanks and regards,  ...
Hi PB users, I have an issue using Orca librairie, I get (randomly) an error (R0015) calling the compileentryimport function.  I'm almost sure my process was ok in R2. I use pborca.h and pborca.lib 2017 R2 version but my Powerbuilder version is 18...
Hi everyone This is something that has nagged me for quite a while: How do you get the Powerbuilder IDE to use Autoscript on built-in functions (things like GetFileOpenName) so you get placeholders for arguments. Autoscripts only seems to work on ...
Hello, What exactly is the "default" object that appears to be created when a datawindow report is generated in InfoMaker? ... and are there any issues if we delete that object from the PBL using PowerBuilder. In our application, we run a report...
Hi everyone, For anyone struggling with rich text edit controls and looking for a replacement, there's hope. Tinymce (open source). I did not manage to get it working with the latest version, since I think that one needs to be on "the cloud", but ...
Hi, "PBLPeeper" by Terry Voth ( http://techno-kitten.com/ seems to have gone missing. ) Did "Novalys" buy him out maybe? Does anyone know what happened to him and is there a way I can still get a recent copy? Cheers  ...
Hi all. Win 7 Pro all patches are up today PB 2019R2 As soon as i try to pick Tools-> .NET DLL Importer - PB crashing ... see attached Am i missing something from the install? from my machine?   Greatly appreciate any advise. Thank you Sin...
Hello, i'm playing around with the theme feature and i would like to apply a border around the freeform dw fields         "dwo-column":        {            "drawing":true,            "border":1,            "border-color":"#7f7f7f",            "backg...

There are no discussions available here currently