Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,    I am trying to setup a new development environment on a new laptop and i am having trouble with the refresh function when trying to update my pbls after performing a pull.  I am using Git as my source control for a tfs server.   If i right...
Hi all, One of my apps uses the PFC security app to set up users, groups and access to windows, etc (I know old school right). I only use it to prevent certain users from seeing [admin] options on the menu and being able to click on them to open win...
Hi All. Please see attached. Basically, i have datawindow on the left and handful datawindows on the right with visible property set to false. Rowfocuschanged on the left one, using hide() and show() to display needed and hide not needed datawindo...
Hi all, Does PB have version that supply this new driver? mean, not the old OLE DB but this one   Thanks!  ...
I am having an issue where I cannot seem to access the datasource of my crosstab after i initially create the crosstab. This appears to be a new issue unless i am missing some combination of settings as i was able to re-enter the data source after sa...
Hello. My company is using GIT BitBucket. We are in process of migrating our apps to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1915 and so far do not have much luck with GIT. We are facing two issues: (1) The local repository PB creates, ws_objects, has somewhat ...
We are FINALLY ready to migrate our applications from PBv12.1 to PB2019R2.I have an installer with the build set as 2082, but I've seen people talking about build 2328.Q1: WHERE is the download link for the latest version of PB2019R2?Q2: Can I instal...
We are trying to switch our PB deploy app process using github like other apps (non powerbuilder). Has anyone done this before - using Github? If so I could use some help with the steps. There is a squirrel.dll that I am supposed to reference. Any id...
Is there any way to display the pdf in datawindow?...
Hello, We have migrated our application from 10.2 to 2019 R2. I need a help to solve RTE data display issue. I have an issue when opening the existing rte data(which was created in PB version 10.2) in the PB 2019 R2. I am using 'Built in TX Text Cont...
My customer wants me to change a grid dw to show a field on a line by itself and be wider then col_1 - ala Excel. so the data would look like     customer, order_no row 1 "Slimy Sales Company with a very long name", "" row 2 "", "123456" so I co...
I'm having problems getting documents created in a RichTextEdit object to print all pages - only prints the first page.  I'm working with Version 2017 R3 Build 1880, and have selected 'Built-in TX Text Control' from the dropdown list.  The Print() ca...
Hi All, I'm experimenting very unusual behaviours when working with buttons and picturebuttons.  a) Sometimes (pretty often) shortcuts aren't shown b) Initial window state. Edit mask + 2 cb_ + 2 pb_ (In this example, shortcuts a...
Hi all, is it possible to change the font (example : Arial -> Tahoma) using themes ? Regards, Philippe....
Hi, I have this code in a dw's other() event. I've stripped out most of the code, just to illustrate. // v1 and v2, mjl, 13/04/20: Since win8 and w10 totally ignore the mouse settings when working remotely, I've re-introduced the code to scroll: ...
Hi!   I have a "how-to" question. I have a datawindow, one field has a child datawindow. The child datawindow dataobject has an validate flag. When i use the list in the day before yesterday, and I choose one option, that is Ok. But, I invalidate t...
Which highest version of MS SQL Server is officially supported by PB 2019 / PB 2019 R2?   Anyone use PB 2019 with SQL 2019 ? (which driver do you use ~ OLE DB / Native driver ?)   Thanks  ...
Hello, AEM is displaying this error message when testing the connection to an IBM DB2 database: Testing Data Source AS400 failed: No se puede cargar el archivo DLL 'db2app64.dll': No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT:...
   Buenas Tardes a Todos En SnapDevelop donde se encuentra la opción similar a Visual estudio  Package Manager Console, el cual Permite Migraciones y actualizaciones de base de Datos?, parece ser que esta opcion no la tiene SnapDevelop    Muchas ...
Buenas tardes a todos voy a desarrollar un web api con conexión base de datos SqlServer 2018 Express, pero no me permite conectar, me sale el siguiente error como se observa en el archivo adjunto, lo conecte hice el mismo ejemplo con  visual estudio ...

There are no discussions available here currently