Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
SQL Server and ODBC, PB 2019 GA. When opening the SQL from the DataWindow painter in PB or IM, our we are seeing calls to sp_pkeys, sp_fkeys, sp_statistics_100, and queries against the pbcat tables. There are also queries against syscomment and sysc...
Apparently, I no longer PASTE an image into these questions.When I COPY an image from a Word doc and try to paste it here, I only get this icon: Or...is it only me, and no one else is having this difficulty?Thanks,Olan...
Hello all... We are about to embark on project to take a fairly sizable and robust application, and make it available on IOS and Android, and I am looking for some advice, or reference to material that would help us. We are currently on PB 2017 R3 ...
Does anyone know if the pb* tables in Sybase can simply be ported to SQL Server, or do they to be rebuilt or reinstalled in some way?...
I've a N-up datawindow that I would like to place a picture control. How can I control that display of the picture control so that it only appears for those row/column that has data element? How do I modify the PictureName property of the pict...
We have lots of pipeline objects in our application. We need to work heavily with pipeline objects. When we open existing pipeline existing mappings (source column with destination column for saving) gets disturbed. This is causing rework for settin...
Hi, How to disable one person /user to concurrently login from different machines? Thank you in advance...
Hello everyone,   we used to print pdfs via ghostscript. After Upgrading from pb 2017 we wanted to implement the native pdf and at first glance that worked out pretty easy and simple. But after comparing the printed PDFs from ghostscript and from n...
Hi, We have an issue with Cross tab report, while saving to HTML, Excel, or any other format, dynamic compute columns heading (data) is not display instead displaying as physically created computed columns. eg. Dynamic columns such as months (Jan, ...
请问下,怎样实现 图案密码?...
Hi     I have an application written in Powerbuilder.Net converted to Powerbuilder 2019 R3. The app functions as expected until a function is called that sends an xml request to UPS and receiving a response back. This is the code of the function th...
FYI - The anticipated Maintenance Release for PB 2019 R3 is now available in the Downloads Center. Thank you, Appeon! Is there an updated list of the Bug Fixes/Changes included in MR 2703?...
We're attempting to automate our build process without the use of additional 3rd party tools (PowerGen, etc). Our current environment uses PB2019R2 (build 2353) and SVN Server 1.10.6 We're using PowerShell scripts that contain various SVN statement...
Hi All, It is a year since I last asked a question about Audio Capture using Powerserver Mobile.  The initial request in our App was put on hold but has once again to the fore.  Unfortunately, I have not had any luck implementing audio recording usi...
Hi Appeon Community,   we have recently upgraded our application from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PB2019 R3. we have replaced the menu control with the new feature available in pb2019 which is Ribbonbar. so our menus are no more part of the application. w...
I'm trying to use the Microsoft WebBrowser control in a PB 12.6 64bit application. When I run it, it gives an error that it is unable to convert an any variable to extobject.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  ...
Is it possible to create a dynamic datastore, with a stored procedure as the data source, without executing the stored procedure twice?    Given the below code, the stored procedure executes once for the SyntaxfromSQL and once for the retrieve. ls_...
I've created with PB 2019 R3 Build 2670 a datawindow with external data source that has a column with richtext style. The application additional properties of PDF Export are 'Always use NativePDF! metchod for PDF export' and of RichTextEdit 'Built-in...
long ll_returnRestClient lnv_RestClientlnv_RestClient = Create RestClient // Set DataObjectdw_1.DataObject = "d_sq_gr_emp" // Send request using GETll_return = lnv_RestClient.Retrieve(dw_1, "https://demo.appeon.com/PB/webapi_client/employee/102") ...
Upgraded to 2019 R3 and made the recommended change to MSOLEDBSQL setting, downloaded the latest driver from Microsoft and now getting: SQLSTATE = 22007Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL ServerThe fractional part of the provided time value overflows th...

There are no discussions available here currently