Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am using Fileexists function to locate that whether the given file exists or not. I am using the below code : String ls_path  Boolean lb_exists ls_path = 'abc.txt' lb_exists = Fileexists(ls_path)  Question : In my case, it giving true in...
Hi I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a comprehensive How-To?  I'm trying to deploy a PB application to PowerServer/IIS, but the server is cloud based and heavily secured.  I have gone through the Appeon tutorials for "Deploying...
Thank you for your hard work.There is a calling part on the homepage that runs iwa app.It's been going well, but IWA app has been running since a few days ago, with the pop-up shown in the picture below. A pop-up appears, but the IWA app runs success...
Hello, hoping I can get some assistance on this problem I'm having with a PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 application currently in use by my company. The back end is sql server 2016 and all is working well, up until I've had to move to a new testing ...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering how everyone uses version numbers in their current applications?  I'm not too far off deploying our first production PowerClient application and thought I would revisit how I version my applications.  Currently I have insta...
I have the same problem as described in https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/cannot-connect-to-the-repository , that is I can't connect to my repository specified in the Workspace Source Control Properties for Git. I get the same 2 error me...
Hello,   We're doing tests of our PowerClient with an FTP as the server and we have seen that we can create differents instances of our application by changing the name of the App.  I have different clients and perhaps some needs to download other...
Hello, We have a web app that has a function to print the report designed by PowerBuilder.When using PB12.6, we created a .NET assembly project in PB. It receives the arguments from the web app, retrieves data for the requested report, and then save...
Hi Team, Greetings! Recently Chrome browser was upgraded to version 98 and post that the PowerServer 2021 deployed apps are getting triggered multiple times at the same time. Upon analysis we found that the browser is automatically making an addit...
Hello, I am developing an application using PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1506.  My development PC is Windows 10 but the PowerServer deployment is on nginx server with .Net Core 3.1.  When the the application package is deployed to test server, URL launch...
Hello, when serverapi is re-deployed, running ICAs get (correctly) invalid session and must be restarted, see picture below.Any chance to avoid this? In old (sweetie) PS we could just redeploy an app while keeping existing clients running.     M...
I work with a vendor that publishes their application using the appeon plugin.  I have a work from home user that cannot print from the application, it gives them a 'Communications Error' popup.  I have narrowed it down to their firewall (its locked ...
PB 2019 R3 build 2703 Old Database Oracle 10g New Database Oracle 19c   We have to change our database application to the new Database Oracle 19 c (before it was Oracle 10g). Does we have to change to the new Oracle interface (PBORA.dll) as it m...
I have a question that I need some assistance solving. An application I am working on requires that the PowerBuilder Datawindow argument entry window is popped up requiring the user to enter the parameters for the retrieval process. One of the para...
Hello!1.In web browser control, PB 2019 R3 while printing from user event unable to print from print().I am having web browser control to display pdf documents(which is converted from images and docs). which has to be stamped then to print from the u...
Hi, I just noticed an issue with the windows restore function I've been using without any problems for the past 10 years in PB10.5 and PB2017.  It seems that the Move function for a popup works differently in PB2019R3 when using multiple monitors.  I...
I wonder if you have any examples of using the Zxing.Net library to read barcodes in PDF files. It would be nice to have a DLL to be able to use it in PowerBuilder! I have been exploring the project https://github.com/zxing/zxing but my knowledge o...
inv_gps.of_getcurrentposition( lstr_coordinates) lwei=lstr_coordinates.dec_latitude ljin=lstr_coordinates.dec_longitude 我用上面方法得到 经度和纬度, 但我点击多次,每次得到的值都不一样,偏差比较大,定位不准,怎样可以准确,不要变来变去?还有我现在这样是得到经度和纬度,但怎样可以得到具体的地点呢?如果不行那或者哪个网站可以通过经度和纬度查询到地址? 谢谢...
When my colleague runs a compiled version of our application he sees the modified back color of unselected tabs.   For some reason on my computer with the same application (and on our citrix farm) the color does not change (whether set in script or i...
I am trying to execute a command line build : pbc170.exe /d "C:\Build\PBTit-CCH-17\PBL\ge_imed\imed.pbt" /o "C:\Build\PBTit-CCH-17\PBL\ge_imed\imed.exe" /r "C:\Build\PBTit-CCH-17\PBL\ge_bitmaps\imedicons.pbr" /w n /f /m y /tr n /in n /op 0 /x 32 /bg...

There are no discussions available here currently