Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all, Hope you all are good. I have a issue with trial license activation of Powerserver 2019. Kindly help me to activate the trial license. i am attaching the screen shorts for your reference.   pic-1 Powerbuilder login        pic-2 AE...
    I'm a developer who work for a pharmacy wholesale and retail company in China,I use powerbuilder for 10 years majoritily, I even improving powerbuilder which using VC++ consumed the C++ libraries from github.com, implementation of Json http calli...
Good day.  We are running Powerbuilder 11.5 and are reviewing all of our applications for the Log4j issue.  Can anyone confirm that the best course of action is to just remove the files manually for this older version too.  I realize this version is ...
Hi everyone. We want to generate some reports (not from a datawindow). We can generate the information we need to an html file. Then we want to create a pdf from that html. It works fine, but it adds some information on the header and the footer, as...
Now that Appeon has allowed us to switch the runtimes during execution I am assuming the compiled PBD's and EXE have no dependency on the PB runtimes used during execution?  In other words - I have compiled the PBD's and EXE using runtime 2670.  I th...
Hi all, This is probably a rookie question, but I can't seem to re-set a variable-length array...  Here's what I'm doing: for ll_ThisRow = 1 to ll_RowCount   li_doc = 1   ... other stuff ...   istr_documents[li_doc] = ls_filename   li_doc++   // I...
PB 2019 R3 My Project is open in painter. Deploy Project is selected. A Tips popup appears (see attachment). How do I eliminate the popup? Thanks, Stan Z....
I compiled a Powerbuilder runtime MSI successfully with Powerbuilder 2019. I later upgraded to Powerbuilder 2021 and I am attempting to compile a runtime MSI. I get the following error: These are my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated:...
We have compiled out application to Powerserver and it works (mostly), but  after starting App from webbrowser (or shortcut) it times out - or fails (see errors below). Motly I get the first error, but sometimes the second. Any ideas ? I have trie...
hi  after program export to excel. the program icon missing. it seem need fine tune some configure file .  would you have advise before export excel after export to excel , icon missing       ...
Hi folks, My app creates a temporary directory then adds an unspecified number of pdf reports to it.  When I'm done, I want to delete the whole directory.  RemoveDirectory() requires the directory to be empty.  FileDelete() requires the file name. ...
Hi, we need to edit our licenses data. Unfortunately, no one knows how to do this. We don't have a user with administrator rights either. What do I have to do to get to the right page?How can I register as administrator to make changes later?More inf...
Hi guys, We have a very strange problem. Our big application written on PowerBuilder, C#, VB and works with Oracle and Mss databases. The save process to database going by command dscontrol.Update() through array of datastores control. The problem ...
Hi. The appeon website indicates that I have not purchased any products. It will not allow me to download any products. We should have 4 powerbuilder IDE and 7 infomaker licenses.  The PB IDE indicates that I have 200+ days remaining on my license. ...
With the change of the Runtime Path in 2019 R3 I am wondering if the SOAP Web Service has the same feature.  I do not want to add the '..\Runtime 19.2.0.2728' to the System Path.  Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Chris Craft...
This is regarding one of the PowerBuilder applications that I support. This application is based on an older version of PowerBuilder, probably 6/6.5. We need to upgrade the application to a supportable and stable version of PowerBuilder, preferably v...
  Is there any way by which we can get the code coverage in unit test process. What I need is, say I call a function and then I can get no of lines executed in our process, and some statistics with line of code executed/not-executed, percentage cov...
Hi all I have a question about the character encode types for (exported) DWObject srd files. I opened 3 exported SRD files in Notepad++ straight from my application's target. What I noticed is those 3 files are of 2 different character encoding - A...
Environment: PB 2019 R2 Beta; Git; Github account with SSO enabled. Hello - I get this Login error,"Failed to perform the specified operation. Please make sure you can connect to the server repo" while i am trying to connect to a workspace on Github...
It would be nice to have a tunneling feature in PowerBuilder. If you can access the database through tunneling, you can solve the C/S security issue. Currently, tunneling is solved using plink.    ...

There are no discussions available here currently