Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi.  After several months working normally, yesterday, when I tried to start PB2019 I got an error message and I couldn't start it. The error is "Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 gave up working. Windows will shut the program down and let you know if there...
how to set to default position of system tree, which is currently not locked and moving. Powerbuilder 2021 version ...
I need to open an elevated (administrator) command prompt from a program.  I have tried using a simple RUN('CMD") and that opens a standard command prompt.  I need this to be the administrator version and have hit a wall on finding any documentation ...
Timeout Problem When Connecting to SQL Server Database: I have a PowerBuilder Application that has been running live at several companies for many years.  The problem is just with 2 users at one company using the application.  Currently there are ab...
Currently the only option to use Git in PB17 is to have git server set up for http or https. What about internal ssh accessible server? Is it going to be supported or anyone have tried to make it work through ssh?  ...
Hey Guys. I try to insert a record in my table,  have a simple program.I describe the step by step 1.-The user completes the form(Datawindow freeform) 2.-I run update() for the first time    the program runs and fails, I call rollback in the prog...
AutoBuild PowerClient Json Setting... ========================================== "BuildPlan": { "SourceControl": { "Git": [ {"SrcPath": "https://github.com/Appeon/PowerBuilder-AutoBuild-Sales-SourceCode", "User": "tester@appeon.com", "Password": "...
Hi all. I am new to REST API. I have developed and hosted the REST API successfully with SnapDevelop on AWS. I want to encrypt appsettings.json file as it contains some sensitive information like database connection string for connecting to database...
Hi all, I've got a structure that I use all the time to pass variables from one window to another (usually a response window)... str_parms.  It's a bunch of empty arrays of different datatypes... string[], long[], date[], etc.  I am developing a new...
I installed PowerBuilder and PowerServer 2021 with only one problem. Although I already installed PostgreSQL (version 14), I still got message that there is neither ASA or PostgreSQL on my machine. I ignored it and complete the installation without a...
Buenas tardes Quisiera puedan apoyarme en un problema para conectarme a Oracle 9.01, ya que no reconoce el tsname. Por ODBC tampoco lo reconoce. Oracle database error 12154: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified He leid...
Hi all, As upgrading from PB 2017 to PB 2021, as well take advantage of this upgrade and move from On-premises to to DEV AZURE, how should compilation and deploy should held on the pipeline? Eventually, need to pack it all (deliveries) on MSI So, ...
Hello, I’m migrating from MS WebBrowser Control (IE) to the PowerBuilder internal WebCrowser Control (CEF). It works fine for web based files but fails for local files. I know this is correct, it is the documented behaviour. But it does not solve ...
I am still getting "row changed between retrieve and update" any time I try to update a table where a datetime is in the list of updateable columns.I tried setting datetimeformat in the ODBC database profile syntax tab but it still fails. Somehow the...
Weird situation.  1 of my clients is moving to PB 2021.  They have a separate build machine with PB 2021 installed on it and they RDP into it using a service account.  Initially they installed PB and imported DB profiles and everything was fine.  Rec...
We need to send the SMS message in local language. The SMS service provide has given the parameters apikey, unicode=1,message, numbers & sender. In this the message part has to be sent in selected local language. When we build the message in PB, ...
Hi All. APPEON PB2019R2 Have a tabular datawindow with two group by's. First one: ... newpage=yes resetpagecount=yes ... In the footer, i need to display "current page" - pageabs() works just fine and "total number of pages" - obviously pagecount...
if PowerClient App run in Browser then 2 app running. IE 1 app running, Other browser is 2 app running.    ...
Our application is currently on PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  It works great with MSOLEDBSQL version 18.6.  Last month, MSOLEDBSQL version 19 was released by Microsoft and version 18.6 is now hard to find to download.  New workstations with only version 19 ...
Greetings community,   In the past few months, our company migrated multiple applications from Powerbuilder 9 to Powerbuilder 2019. We did encounter something interesting: for varchar(max) and text column types, on our MSSQL database, all datawind...

There are no discussions available here currently