Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Community,   As per https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb2019-r2-build-2328-default-printer-setting-issue, there is a problem where the initial selected printer would be set to the "last printer in the printer list".I tri...
I want take out the scrollbars which are on the picture. I'm using the Powerbuilder-Graph-Example to reproduce it on my app. ...
We have an application we're trying to move from PB 2019 R2 Build 2353 to PB 2021 Build 1506. At the same time, we're also looking to distribute the application using PowerClient. The initial testing looks promising apart from not being able to conne...
I am trying to use the Windows API GetMonitorInfo but my returned structure seems to always be NULL.  I followed this  ( https://rgagnon.com/pbdetails/powerbuilder-display-on-the-second-monitor.html ) as my starting point but it is not working.  The ...
Howdy All, We are currently on PB 2019 R3, and noticed when running in Windows 11 that the scrollbar on dropdown datawindows is translucent and causes text to show behind it. This makes it look somewhat odd, and outside of hiding the dropdown arrow ...
una vez instalado PowerBuilder 2021, al iniciarlo no se actualiza el RunTime: presenta el Runtime 19.2.0.2703, no toma el Runtime 21.0.0.1506, a que se debe por favor y que debo hacer para solucionarlo, ya que en el project no presenta el objecto Po...
I have a client who is moving forward with a conversion to PowerServer 2021 from PB 2017.  Client is up and running with a test version but has a few things to resolve before they can make a final decision.  The most important is they have many table...
Hi all. I am having a problem when importing an XML to a DW, because I don't know how to make the template for the following case: The template: The problem is the repeated tags(derived, code y property).  I have found a solution to the probl...
My thoughts are with the staff of Desta and all the brave people of the Ukraine ...
Hi,I would like some help to solve a problem. I have an application that runs in the background, displaying only an icon in the system tray. However, this icon does not disappear when closing the application, and when opening it again, another icon a...
Hi all, Testing a 64-bit deploy.  I'm wondering if there is a difference between the pbd files or just the exe file?  Are the pbd files interchangeable? Or do I need to rebuild when I'm deploying one or the other? TIA,Tracy  ...
Are there any alternatives available in PowerBuilder that assist us in creating XSLT for a Datawindow? I've been experimenting with the XML Template in the DataWindow Painter and it appears to be able to rename the elements, add attributes and some ...
Hi Everybody. Is it posible to share my application (deployed in PowerServer) installed in a server, whith my clients, to avoid to install in every single PC. Thanks for your answer. Atte. Marko Gagliuffi....
Hello:   This is more of a "Can I?" support question than a how to question.  We recently migrated to PB2021 with Git SCC.  I am wondering if the *.json file (created from the Export Auto Build function within PB) can be pointed to clone from a spe...
We have a large mature application with hundreds of windows.   With this next release we are for the first time going to be applying themes but only partially.   We are using them for windows, menus, windows, tab objects, radiobuttons,checkboxes, scr...
Hi Team, We have a requirement, where user need to visit/click/Tab out each field in the datawindow. but fields are non-editable. Please suggest us any possible solution. Regards Gyaneshwar...
Hi, we're trying PB Themes in PB2019R3. Is there a way to disable the themes for some windows ? I tried to complete the theme.json file, but it doesn't seem to work, the theme is applied :    "w_main2": { "drawing":false }, "w_main2$statictext":...
请问下安卓在10之后就不能允许访问其它应用安装的文件了,好像只能访问相册,请问怎样可以做到能读写其它应用的文件比如office文件,我看安卓系统里面的设置没有权限开放的...
Hi, we are using the addToLibraryList() function to dynamically extend the library list of our application, to dynamically use other/new powerbuilder objects like datawindows etc. This seems to be not fully supported anymore when deploying a powerse...
    Hello all!   I am working on a PowerBuilder application for my company and we're trying to upgrade it to the latest version. We currently use PB 9.5 and I was going to begin my conversion from there, however,  I just learned from another deve...

There are no discussions available here currently