1. Rajaram Palanisamy
  2. PowerServer
  3. Monday, 14 February 2022 22:33 PM UTC

Hello,

I am developing an application using PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1506.  My development PC is Windows 10 but the PowerServer deployment is on nginx server with .Net Core 3.1.  When the the application package is deployed to test server, URL launch is displaying below error and no installing the Cloud App Launcher.  Please let me know, is there any configuration I need verify in the PowerServer Project to fix this issue?  Thanks.

“Failed to find the appropriate Cloud App Launcher on the server that can support the application in its current startup mode.  Please either upload the correct launcher to the server, or use the other application startup mode, and try again.”

Rajaram Palanisamy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 February 2022 18:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Thank you all.  There was an issue with server Web API URL and also some folder permission issues.  With the help of Appeon Support, I was able to fix the issue.  Issue is resolved at this point.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 February 2022 00:22 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Did you copy the exact same Cloud App Launcher from your "local" Web server to the "test" Web server.  Either you didn't copy over the Cloud App Launcher or at least the one on the "test" Web server has incorrect config.  There are options to run Cloud App Launcher with background service, without background service, and for multiple users.

Comment
Rajaram Palanisamy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 14 February 2022 22:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Thank you for your reply.  Application is working fine on my development PC.  Application is not working when the client deployment package is installed on test server.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 15 February 2022 00:46 AM UTC
Are you packing the App & PS for installation on the 2nd environment or are you trying to deploy directly to the other systems?
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 14 February 2022 22:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi Rajaram;

I would install PS2021 on your development PC first. Then get your PS App working on that W10 environment. Then once the PS App is working there 100%, then look at deploying to a different environment. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.