1. Larry Pettit
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 3 March 2022 22:08 PM UTC

Our application is currently on PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  It works great with MSOLEDBSQL version 18.6.  Last month, MSOLEDBSQL version 19 was released by Microsoft and version 18.6 is now hard to find to download.  New workstations with only version 19 do not connect to the database.  If we install the old version 18.6, it works with no other changes so this is definitely the issue .  Do I need to upgrade my PowerBuilder version to work with MSOLEDBSQL version 19 or do I need to provide version 18.6 to all my clients?  What's the best resolution?

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 3 March 2022 22:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Larry;

The new MSOLEDBSQL version 19 is not yet certified for use with PB2019R or PB2021. Please continue to use version 18.6 until Appeon Engineering releases an MR for this new DB Client driver to PB2019R3 and PB2021. I suspect that Engineering is already aware of this requirement for PB2022 as I have already seen a support ticket for this recently.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Larry Pettit Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 3 March 2022 22:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/oledb/release-notes-for-oledb-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15 talks about a breaking change in version 19.0.  I'll be looking at that tomorrow.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 3 March 2022 22:35 PM UTC
Thanks for link!
  1. Helpful
  1. Matt Balent
  2. Monday, 7 March 2022 20:52 PM UTC
Looks like MS is finally fixing a long standing security issue with SQLServer connections...
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.