1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. PowerServer
  3. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:17 PM UTC

I installed PowerBuilder and PowerServer 2021 with only one problem. Although I already installed PostgreSQL (version 14), I still got message that there is neither ASA or PostgreSQL on my machine. I ignored it and complete the installation without any other problems.  

Then, I migrated my application (that use SQLServer DB) and ran it as Client/Server version without problems. After this, I created PowerServer Project, installed Apache, uploaded Cloud App Launcher, imported PowerServer license, created DB cache and successfully tested connection to my SQLServer DB. Finally, I Built&Deployed my Project without any problems

After this, I clicked “Compile & Run Web APIs” button, and the Build completed successfully with 0 Warnings and 0 Errors and made sure the API console window displays "Application started...". Then, I clicked "Run PowerServer Project" button, downloaded and installed the Cloud Launcher but attempt to run application gave the following error:

I checked port 5000 and made sure that it isn’t used by any other application or process. Then, I changed default browser from IE to Chrome but this didn’t help, either.

Do anybody knows what could be the problem?

Thank you,

George Mikhailovsky

Accepted Answer
George Mikhailovsky Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 10 March 2022 01:25 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink
Thank you again, Francisco! George
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Francisco,

I didn't find how to open API's console but I fixed my problem. The matter of fact that I closed CMD window after Application started. Now I left it opened and could start and run my application without any problems.

Thank you for your help!

George

Comment
  1. Francisco Martinez @Appeon
  2. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:57 PM UTC
Ah I see! Yes, the Web APIs have to be running for as long as you want your application to work. Glad to see your problem's solved!

Regards - Francisco
  1. Helpful
  1. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for your prompt reply! Bu how can I open API's console?

George

Comment
  1. Francisco Martinez @Appeon
  2. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:45 PM UTC
With the Compile & Run Web APIs button. The window in which you saw the "Application started..." message
  1. Helpful 2
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 February 2022 21:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi George,

Please share the entire output of the API's console window just to make sure what port the API's are listening on.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.