Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
What would happen to PowerBuilder IDE and PowerServer installations if for some reason the Appeon web server crashed and license checking were not available for a couple hours? Will we be blocked from getting into PowerBuilder or does it only chec...
I'm in need of the Powerbuilder 6.0 installer.  Anyone have an idea where I can find this?  Trying to convert from PB6 to PB17, but existign PBL has errors that need to be fixed first. ...
In Fili Sosa's Appeon mobile webinar back in March, he mentioned a technique that used the Appeon workaround pbl to be able to dynamically switch between any of over 500 different databases without having to pre-define them in AEM. I was wonde...
Tengo una aplicación en modo Offline (Powerbuilder 12.5 ).  Como puedo eliminar los mobiles que aparecen en DEVICE LISTS del AEM porque como trabajo en modo Offline deseo que otros equipos se conecten y desconecten.   Atte.   Richar Cente...
Hello everyone! I am glad that I found this group. :) I have about 12 years of PB development in the past but have been sidetracked to work other on development environments.  PB 6.5 was the last version that I worked on and I would like to get...
I upgraded my Powerbuilder to 2017 and have a problem where when I try to query an oracle database, powerbuilder crashes. I checked the database connections and everything seems correct. I can connect to the database and test the connection. I ...
PB v2017 1)  I copied the file PBPFC100.chm into the [  C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\Help_PB105  ] folder. 2)  I go to "C:\Windows" and double click on the winhlp32.exe application, navigate to my PFC help file (shown in item #...
We used to have to deploy those two files with our apps, but there are no such file distributed with PB2017. Is that OK, i.e. are they no longer needed? I do note that I can't find a reference to either one in the PB12.5 Help, but they are def...
I had been using IWA to run my powerserver web using appeon 2016. I updated powerserver web to the newest EBF (Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 Build 1119.00) , and re-deployed using 1119 .  My application didn't change at all, just upgrading the ...
What is recommended way to build PB application from command line from *.sr files ? While waiting for PowerGen, I tried PBORCA with pbc170.exe.  So far no luck. Import skips some of the objects. Interesting is that when I run import for a secon...
Project type: Mobile - works. Project type: Web or Universal - NOT Error "You are deploying to the PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition), please select the Mobile project type and then deploy again." Is it possible to deploy Web project? ...
Good morning! Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I have not seen it explicitly spelled out one way or another. For mobile development with PB 2017, are the Appeon 2016 manuals and tutorials still applicable?   Or are there ne...
Hi, I tried to implement about Dynamic transaction object to data source mapping. I have 2 Data Sources , one is connected to my local machine database, another is connected to remote database. Both Data Sources succeeded testing connection. ...
A comment on a question from a few days ago leads me to this question. Is the new native PDF generation the default or do you have to set the DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method property? I saved a few PDF files but I am unsure which method it used.  ...
Dear All Just downloaded Powerbuilder 2017 Universal edition. Unzipped the same but running any batch file, Autorun.exe or setup.exe I get the message -  "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate...
In PowerBuilder 2017 IDE Database profile, I can normally connect on cloud remote database using MS SQL Server Native connection.   But, not in PowerServer & AEM.   ...
When I come to the selection of location for SQL Anywhere engine, the selection box is empty, and I can't continue Any good ideas? /Regin   ...
Where is the "Use Windows Classic style on XP" in system options ? I found nothing in the documentation about this issue,   TIA Yosi ...
Hello, we are working with many psr-files.and linked the psr-files to open with powerbuilder. This worked (fine) in the old versions. When I  now double click a file in explorer, PB starts with the message."xyz.psr is not a workspace". After c...
I try to deploy application to mobile and after success running on Android. But How to hidden "Appeon Application" message when startup the apps? Another question, How to deploy auto resize when using different mobile screen size? ...

There are no discussions available here currently