Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
12.5.1 classic Creating web service - running it i get an error that 'sybase.powerbuilder.interop.dll' or one of it dependencies could not be found/loaded. I found old articles saying that the MSI does not appear able to actually load everythin...
I know this does not exist, but I would use it all the time if it was available.  I would like to submit this as a product suggestion/enhancement,  how do I do that? ...
I have a restful webservices, it is java application.   Powerbuilder post a url to restful webservices, fafter get a json data, how can i import to datawindow. only by import or insertrow by insertrow? can i convert json to blob datatype, powerbui...
Hi, our customers would like to have a localized version of Infomaker like all other reporting tools do have ( crystal report, reportbuilder, ssdt, ...) localized version for the IDE ... not only runtime files   Any hope for the future...
When app compiled in 64bit, InsertDocument returns -1 when trying to open HTML file I tested with PB12.6 build 4138   ...
Hi, it seems that some data have been resetted for the portal? I was following some people, had some followers and had edit my profile.   All data seems the be deleted or resetted? :-( TIA ...
Hello All, We are about to expand and alter a frequently referenced column's size from char(2) to varchar(10)  This column appears in multiple tables, is part of data integrity FKs and is referenced in 100's of DWOs.  The impact on the application...
Does anyone have experience with SmartBear TestComplete automated testing integration?  If so which PB Version? What are your experiences?   http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/power-builder/classic.html   D...
We need a drop down calendar that allows for disabling a range of dates and/or disabling dates before a designated date. Has anyone extended the PFC calendar in this way...or achieved the described functionality some other way? Can be a DW serv...
Hi I wrote some code to export powerbuilder objects from pbls using the libraryexport function from powerbuilder. I see that the export does not contains ole definitions. Is there any possibility to export this information also? Regards Robe...
Hi all, I have to poll a known directory for csv files (another app will send them from time to time), read them and then delete them Example: directory c:\data 2 files in it: abc.csv and def.csv content abc.csv: test;01234 content ...
Hello, We encountered the problem while trying to convert our PB application to 64 bit. Our apps has few ActiveX components and none of them work. Even having 64bit ActiveX does not resolve the issues. For example, 64bit Microsoft WebBrowser co...
I entered an article on a database ini service last week and now it's, where?  Shouldn't there be a 'submitted' status or something for me to check on? ...
What does the Created By column on the question list page really represent? Is it the date the question was asked or is it the date of the most recent answer? My preference would be a date that is both, question asked date if no answers and last answ...
Hello everyone, Im currently using PB 12.6 and deployed my app in 64bit as per my client requirement. My question is after deploying the whole application and if I modified one of the library do I need to re-deploy again it in 64bit or I can use i...
Hi guys, I've created a sales nested report to be used in multiple DWs. It's a nested with grand totals, This nested has a "sub" nested that shows payments forms (so it's a nested inside a nested). So far so good. The thing now is that the main...
We have a client that needs LDAP support for authentication and has a strong preference for going IIS Appeon .NET.  What would be the appropriate approach to use here and what is the timeline for LDAP support in Appeon Server .NET? TIA, Don Cla...
What are the differences between Powerbuilder Mobile Cloud Target and Appeon Mobile? For example: - What does imply the lack of compatibility with Appeon Web server? - Is there some kind of limitation of users in PowerBuilder Mobile Cloud target? ...
Hi, We have a Microsoft Web Browser control in a DW but it is not showing information. We need to fill the browser with some saved Html that at first we are trying to set up by using dw_1.object.ole_1.object.navigate2("file:///C:/soft/pb126/coi...
Hi I work for a small financial services company, We have our own suite of desktop client server applications (not web based) that we developed ourselves (c#/ Java/ Powerbuilder frontend, SQL Server backend). Apologies for clueless sounding que...

There are no discussions available here currently