1. John Niespodzianski
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 7 July 2017 14:24 PM UTC

Good morning!

Apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I have not seen it explicitly spelled out one way or another.

For mobile development with PB 2017, are the Appeon 2016 manuals and tutorials still applicable?  

Or are there new PB 2017-centric tutorials and guides to reference?

I have never worked with Appeon Mobile or Web, so as an old grizzled PB vet I'm coming into these features with a fresh and impressionable mind.  So I wanted to ensure I started off the journey in the right place.

Thanks!
John

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 7 July 2017 15:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John;

Yes, the Appeon for PB 2016 product works great with the new PB 2017 Universal IDE. Just make sure that you apply the latest EBF (Build #1119) or higher first to Appeon 2016 before you use PB 2017 with Appeon 2016.

To answer your question - yes, the documentation in Appeon 2016, examples, tutorials & guides should work OK as well. Note though that the Appeon Web's product documentation refers to the older Appeon Developer toolbar inside the PB IDE. In PB 2017, that toolbar was replaced with the "PowerServer Tool Kit" (new name for the Appeon Server in Appeon 2016) toolbar. While the functionality of the new tool bar is the same - the icons are new (just modernized) in PB 2017 Universal. However, I am sure that you'll figure them out - they are pretty intuitive and similar to the ones listed in Appeon 2016 documentation.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.