Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello! The project contains several PBLs. It is used as a component in another project (via PBVM). How to build so that all objects are in one PBD? As it was done during the deployment on EAServer....
Hello, PB 2019 R3, PostgreSQL 11 This may best fit to be asked in a SQL Forum.  Still I feel someone here might have encountered this issue and may have a (better) solution.   I need to read the Disc % from a Discount Master table where there are ...
Hi Everyone;   I just wanted to let you know that a new Beta version of the STD Framework was uploaded to SourceForge last night under the OrderEntry Demo App beta. This latest version includes a completely reworked SMC (Systems Management Console) ...
I am building a report in infomaker. I am using the DropDownDW edit mask on a few of the data fields and have built the separate data objects that will be used for these dropdowns. The issue is that I want to be able to pass the same argument used fo...
Hello, I logged a bug today but not yet resolved.  I've been using PB 2017 R3 for a couple of years and today I'm working along and when I closed a datawindow, PB hung up.  I had to kill with the task manager.  Now I cant get it to open.  I logged o...
PB2019R3, b2703Windows 10, 64 bit platformIn PBv12.1, if you UN-check the PBLs on the Libraries tabpage of the Project file, all the code compiles into a single EXE. This is not working in PB2019R3 b2703. Can it be made to work? I.e. am I doing somet...
Hello, I can successfully issue an AppeonIWAShell.exe command such as: "AppeonIWAShell.exe" -r -u "https://accTesting.agy123/awmx/" and works great but I notice it creates a log folder and log file.  Is there a way to shut off the logging? perhaps...
Hi guys, We are moving our code to a Git Repository and we are facing and issue with directories.  As per my tests everything works fine if PB workspace is on the root directory for the repository (ws folder is also created and managed from there)....
Hi, We used to use TFS as source control and PowerGen to build project. We plan to move the code to Azure Devops with Git repository. I wrote ORCA script to build the project. After I merge code from one branch to another, the PBL file is not merged...
如果用 安卓9 版本 使用appeon file server 可以上传文件, 但如果是使用 安卓11版本的,上传就失败,文件传不上去,显示文件 0 k大小, powerserver 版本也升级到了 2703  ?   有没好的办法 在 手机端 上传文件到服务器?...
Hi PowerBuilder community, Currently, all PowerBuilder runtime DLL files have been signed, which is great. Part of the PowerBuilder runtime (for PowerBuilder 2019 R3) is pbdwr.pbd.That file isn't signed as far as I can tell. Perhaps it cannot be si...
Using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and looking for some help with building an application that uses imported .Net Dll's.  We have installed the standalone compiler on a Jenkins server and have been successfully building applications there for the past few mo...
Hi Folks, We have a parent menu object with menu items and toolbar items. There are other menu objects which are inherited from the parent menu and being used across the application. As per recent business change we want to hide/unhide a menu item ...
I'm attempting to use the LoadXml() method of an MSXML Dom Document in an azure environment and it simply isn't working. When running on non-azure environments it works fine.There is no dev environment for our azure server yet so I can't view the err...
  I am trying to make a function to read data from a device (barcode scanner). By design a barcode scanner works like a keyboard to input data (key by key). It is not convenient for a store. I want to read data direct from the device as a whole te...
I'm trying to run the below  orcascript from jenkins. I saved the file as orcascrip.cmd and calling in the Jenkins job under Build section. In the Jenkins console output  I see that the job is stuck at first line #Start session and it does not go to ...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 2703 Playing around with the PowerClient feature, I get this issue on deployment ...\Temp\pbappscache\html\en because the local folder does not exist. The folder does not exist, but it is supposed to be generated and it's not c...
When using the 2019 runtime packager 2019 R3, the DLLs are not named with versioning but they are when referring to the documentation or if downloading the zip file from the Appeon site.  An example is easysoap.dll from the packager and in the zip fi...
I searched and saw that someone asked back in 2018 but had no replies.  I've used Jenkins once at a prior client, but my current client is using TeamCity for deployments and continuous integration, but not for PowerBuilder as of yet.  Wondering if an...
Hi!I'm trying switch one of our projects from native Source Control to GIT. I'm using PB2019 R3 Build 2703 and SourceTree as an external Git client. The thing is I'm having issues with the PBL files every time I try to merge branches, mostly when th...

There are no discussions available here currently