Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi PB team, I need some advice how to connect to a access db file or import a CSV file located on a SharePoint folder. How do I go about doing this in PB 2021? Is there a built-in driver that I can use or is there a driver I need to download ? Th...
We are upgrading from PB12.1 w SVN to PB 2021 with native SVN.  Our libraries all migrated just fine, now we're setting up a new repository.  The Add To Source control worked well, but we had trouble being able to lock objects.  Our userid/pw was not...
Hi,   I used the Migrator option in SnapDevelop to transalate powerbuilder code to c# but get heaps of errors in the c# code. e.g. 1. every class has base.create(), base.destroy() etc but DataStore does not contain a definition for 'create' or 'de...
At the moment I have had to change my COM wrapped C# code to return JSON strings in order to call it the new way in PowerBuilder 2019 R3. This works well, but extrating the results from the returned JSON is a pain. I feel like I heard someone say the...
recently our TFS 2012 want to migrate to MS devops 2019 to catch the latest DEVOPS trend, but seems only TFS 2013 explore and related scc plugin can support that,but when we installed,  there is error message*Phenomenon:each check-in would prompt a  ...
Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Application Frequently crashing/Freezing in Windows 10 Computer.   Windows Event viewer shows the below error messages Faulting application name: whs.exe, version: 12.1.0.7, time stamp: 0x5b6318c2Faulting module name: OLEACC.d...
Hello, My company is using Bitbucket for source control. This worked fine with PowerBuilder 2017 R2. Commits, pushes and pulls were all OK. In PB 2017 R3 and PB 2019 there are some problems when using Bitbucket (Git) as source control. When doing a...
Hello Customer support: I have documented the question in the below attached document. The question is related to the Power Client properties access via code.  I  appreciated your help on this topic. Thank you. :-) If this option doesn't exist in ...
  The PowerServer solution name is invalid. Failed to publish the installable cloud app.   Please Help my about  this message   how to fix it  ...
Hi PB Experts Can anyone please confirm if Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 is compatible with Appeon's version of Powerbuilder 2019?  ...
We are currently on PB-2019 Build 2170. We are going to update to PB-2021. We currently use SNC for the primary connection to SQL Server with SQLNCLI11 for the Provider dbparm value. We also have code that makes secondary ODBC connections. They also...
Anyone else seen this?  Once I apply a theme to an application and then run it, my PB IDE and some applications now have 'black' menu dropdowns.  See examples: In the PB IDE In the 'themed' application Moving the cursor shows the menu choice...
Hi,Please your help to clarify this point about incremental builds/deployments with PowerClient (Maybe the same for PS 2021).For example, if I modify a window and deploy the change to the WebServer, I see that all the elements of the application are ...
Hi, We have a .net based application and want to convert PSR (Powersoft report) report to PDF to view it. How can I convert PSR format to PDF in a .net based application? As a note, the PSR reports were created by our legacy application built on po...
Hi, I searched existing issues for this but was not sure: we have a webservice to generate pdf files using NativePDF! I selected the checkbox in the application object of the webservice to package custom fonts. Unfortunately, this doesn't include th...
I have a legacy database that I am writing a new interface for.  This database has several tables that use the column name "Print".  I cannot change the name of the column in the database.  I need to be able to update and insert new data in these tab...
tab control setting color "I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour."  I saw that this issue was revealed by Andrew Davis at August 2018 I am currently running 2019 R2. Is this issue sti...
Bruce, I saw that you had a session recently about connecting PowerServer to AWS.  Unfortunately I missed it, but I was wondering how one might connect PowerBuilder to an AWS database (e.g. MariaDB).  I attempted to connect recently and was unable t...
Hello Everybody.   I want to know if somebody has an expirience with Deploy a PowerServer project in Oracle Cloud Infraestructure (OCI). I need the steps about how to do it, if someone has a help or a link when i can use, it would be great. A rea...
convert Hexdecimal string to base64 without using blob variable ?...

There are no discussions available here currently