Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I have an mobile App that is being used by Android and IOS operating system (Samsung Galaxys 6,7,8+ and I-phone 7,8 plus). The Autosize Height is check with All Above property in the column.  It works perfect in the Android and windows but it does no...
Is there a way to silently install the PowerBuilder Compiler? I would just need it installed in the current directory. Chris Craft...
Hello All,, PB2017 R3 Windows 10 i have a file with a Ñ on it Using importFile it converts the Ñ to 2 strange characters using File functions it also create the same problem  the only solution i found is to replace the characters after the impor...
In PowerBuilder 2018 will we be able to make direct calls to 3rd party .Net non-visual assemblies that are not COM callable? For example, eBay .NET SDK APIs https://developer.ebay.com/tools/netsdk Thanks.  ...
Good Morning,  I've migrated "successfully" an application from PB6 to PB2017. I've done some new windows and everything works OK with this.  The problem comes when i Execute some old windows and it crashes all the app with an Unknown object type e...
Hi I can see on the roadmap this morning that PB 2018 is delayed 6 months.   Is that a typo :-) or what is going on ?   Thanks  //Steen...
Hi All,  I would like to automatic the printing process. I would like to program when user click print, it will automatic select native PDF printer and automatically save to a network folder as pdf file  is it possible to do in it PB 2017 ? if so h...
Helo guru  , Does the Powerbuilder 2018 work with ntwdblib.dll ?   Best regards ,   Jure...
Hi guys, We have implemented a solution where our app is checking for the existence of txt files in a certain folder. Another application is sending to us TXT files , which we need to process and delete when done.   We used the Dirlist method and ...
Is there going to be a direct connect to TFS like for GIT & SVN? If yes, when is it planned for?...
I would like to know if powerbuilder stand alone application's login credential can be case sensitive?If yes then what are the version of powerbuilder that supports case sensitive login credential.Please advise.I have asked by my technical team to ev...
Hi All, I have a button in my application. This button opens a window.  As of now, I am asked to add a keyboard shortcut to open the window. Can you guys help me on how to do that?   I need a  keyboard shortcut to opens the window ...
Hola. Acabo de ver el video del Elevate 2018 Building Mobile Apps Quickly with PowerBuilder de Fili Sosa. En el dice que uniendo su perfil de linkedin facilitaría el código del ejemplo que muestra.  En linkedin me dice que el perfil no esta habilita...
I am trying to import XML data into a datawindow. XML has header which i don't want to import. I want to import 3 rows of data in the Item tag. I am getting does not pass the validation test. If i use Data Import template i am getting Import file fai...
Hello, We create dynamic dw, passing required sql statements, using SyntaxFromSQL.   The issue is whenever there are two or more tables involved (Join), we get the table name prefixed to the columns of the field.  We don't want this prefix.   Is th...
Hi, an error occurs while calling Oracle PLSQL functions using Powerbuilder 12.5. This is one of the function call: trans_crcc.cl_fun_esiste_sosp(al_id_anag_rem,ls_codct) trans_crcc is an  transaction object connected to DB with no problems al_i...
I have a problem saving datawindows to PDF but only for the clients.  I am able to save as a PDF in the developer workstation.  When I compile and distribute the code the clients go through the motions but the file is never saved.  I have created the...
Hi.   Currently we have all of our sourcecode (C# and so on) in Azure DevOps. I've added a project for the PowerBuilder application, and now I want to push the source from Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3. In the dialog for Git, I enter the url for th...
Hello Team, I am trying to learn how to create a PBNI Marshaler extension. The PBNI Programmers Guide and Reference document points to the https://www.appeon.com/developers/library/code-samples-for-pb site for a sample application. Neither the Categ...
Git integration with bitbucket cloud running on Windows Server pre R2 worked fine until December. Bitbucket then started enforcing use of TLS1.2.  Since then 'push' or 'pull' fail with 'server certificate invalid' error. Surprisingly, Tortoise Git al...

There are no discussions available here currently